Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Aluminum skidplate

Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
jimker55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
jimker55's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Aluminum skidplate

I am looking to buy an aluminum skidplate for a 2007 Tacoma (sport package). I am pretty sure they came stock on the Off Road package.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB: Aluminum skidplate-17_1_41_1.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Ditto
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
TRDparts4u.com
Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money, for a few bucks more you can get a nice painted steel one. The Toyota aluminum skid is a POS... very easily bent and damaged.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
where can you get this steel skid plate you speak of????
Old 12-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
where can you get this steel skid plate you speak of????
Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of All Pro Skids from their website. Some other people on here suggest Bud Build products.

I found that the All Pro suited my needs. It is made of 7 gauge steel I think, painted a nice black color, really good quality on the welds and such. Takes about 20 min to install.

I tend to go 4 wheeling a lot living in the CO mountains, I bashed the aluminum one to crap in no time. The steel skid are a tad heavier but not noticeable.

If you don't go off road and just want it for daily driving I'd suggest the aluminum one but last I saw they were $250+, not worth it IMO when you could spend a tad more and get way more protection and piece of mind.

PM me if you have any other questions.