Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

05-08 Tacoma Unichip

Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
meow.
dallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud of

Marines: Corporal, 2nd BN 14th MAR
dallas05taco's Tacoma Gallery
05-08 Tacoma Unichip

Up for sale is a used Unichip, comes with Tmodule. Simply Plug 'n Play, no cutting or soldering required.

more info can be found on the unichip site. http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicl...ota-Tacoma-40L

Asking $400 Shipped. This is the new price (March 21, 2010). I had to spend $95 to get the chip reflashed, harness fixed, and added a new map (for TRD intake and DT long tube headers).
Old 12-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
tacomaparty is on a distinguished road
tacomaparty's Tacoma Gallery
pics or ban

jk.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
meow.
dallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud ofdallas05taco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
was it a noticable gain?
very noticeable. id say id gain about 10-15hp but thats just with the intake map. with a new map and new tune, you can probably get about 30 or so hp and about 2-3mpg out of the chip from what ive heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER06TRD View Post
I have it...it was a noticeable gain. But I have recently learned that the computer will evenually "learn around it" and it will basically figure out that there is a piggyback module attached and adjust for it. Dispite this I'm keeping mine in...seems to work pretty well for me still, with no issues. Good gains for well cheaper than a SC.
can you pm me a link of that? ive never heard about that before. i kinda have my doubt tho.

Due to recent misfortune, price is lowered to $420. Some jack*ss broke into my truck and saw the control switch for high/low octane map and decided to rip it off. I will post pics of it tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Pic......
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Imaginery until pictated object for v6 I suppose?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The point of the pic request is so folks know you have one, they know unichip has them. Is yours for v6? Part number?
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
The point of the pic request is so folks know you have one, they know unichip has them. Is yours for v6? Part number?
why wouldnt i have one? yes it's for a v6, they only make it for v6 4.0 for 05-08 tacomas.

http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicl...ota-Tacoma-40L
Old 12-14-2009, 04:29 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[quote=dallas05taco;1213023]why wouldnt i have one? yes it's for a v6, they only make it for v6 4.0 for 05-08 tacomas.[/quote]

Not saying you don't. It's kind of a forum rule in FS threads that I didn't make up. Thanks for the v6 response since Unichips tard site wouldn't load what Toyotas they covered. Never got past clicking yota on vehicle list. Good luck with sale...........
Old 12-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
Since OP posted pics...

EDIT:
Old 12-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER06TRD View Post
I have it...it was a noticeable gain. But I have recently learned that the computer will evenually "learn around it" and it will basically figure out that there is a piggyback module attached and adjust for it. Dispite this I'm keeping mine in...seems to work pretty well for me still, with no issues. Good gains for well cheaper than a SC.
I was very interested until I read this ^^

EDIT: Has your ECU figured a way around it?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
SILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
SILVER06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
I was very interested until I read this ^^

EDIT: Has your ECU figured a way around it?

I can not tell for sure...as far as power gains it was very noticable when I first installed it. The only way to tell for sure is a dyno. A local tuner told me that...I have not verified it with actual data.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #20
Desert Rat
AzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to allAzPrerunner05 is a name known to all

AzPrerunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Easy install?