Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: SPIDERTRAX spacers for my TACOMA

Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: SPIDERTRAX spacers for my TACOMA

Like the title says. If you have a set of 4 spidertrax spacers you are looking to sell, him me up I'll buy them.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
Pm sent.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
AllPro's hubcentric spacers are on sale right now for $59 a pair.....so $120+shipping

http://www.allprooffroad.com/tech-in...ers/toyspacers
Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
spidertrax spacers>AP spacers
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
are the all pro a good spacer? price looks good
Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
honestly what can the difference be? The allpros aren't powder coated, but who cares.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
honestly what can the difference be? The allpros aren't powder coated, but who cares.
the difference is i've never heard of anyone sheering studs on the spidertrax. quality is quality and u get what u pay for. how about a 3" spacer lift over a 3" CO lift? the spacer is cheaper and still provides the 3" of reauired lift, so they're the same thing right?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
the difference is i've never heard of anyone sheering studs on the spidertrax.
Do you have a link to that? I was going to pull the trigger on these when I get paid Thursday.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Do you have a link to that? I was going to pull the trigger on these when I get paid Thursday.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...e-tonight.html

there is another thread on here about a guy breaking a stud on a spidertrax spacer, but he didnt use a torque wrench to put the lugs on and more than likely overtorqued the shit out of them. he said he did it until it didnt move anymore
Old 12-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevhogaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
I just bought a pair of Spider Trax spacers to hold me over until I can afford wheels. I did a search, and found a few threads on the All-Pro spacers being not good, and the exact same spacers are sold over at Marlin Crawler, and all over Ebay.

I can't say if anybody elses spacers are bad, but I got the Spider Trax just in case! If yoy need any prodding towards the Spider Trax, here you go.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Quote:
the difference is i've never heard of anyone sheering studs on the spidertrax. quality is quality and u get what u pay for. how about a 3" spacer lift over a 3" CO lift? the spacer is cheaper and still provides the 3" of reauired lift, so they're the same thing right?
Well as far as the spacer itself goes, aluminum is aluminum. And as far as teh studs go, grade 8 is grade 8. I don't see how one can be different from another. Chris where are you, lol?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Well as far as the spacer itself goes, aluminum is aluminum. And as far as teh studs go, grade 8 is grade 8. I don't see how one can be different from another. Chris where are you, lol?
AP UCA's and TC UCA's are not created equal.....same metal, same uniballs, not the same part
Old 12-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
IF they are the same metal, same uniballs, and same bushings as long as the jig is the same shape then yes they are the same part. But since patents do exist I am sure there is a difference of some kind in the design and one may be better.
For that matter though I have never heard of anyone breaking an AP UCA.

I am not trying to be confrontational I am just interested in saving some money. Nobody has been able to tell me the difference conclusively.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
IF they are the same metal, same uniballs, and same bushings as long as the jig is the same shape then yes they are the same part. But since patents do exist I am sure there is a difference of some kind in the design and one may be better.
For that matter though I have never heard of anyone breaking an AP UCA.

I am not trying to be confrontational I am just interested in saving some money. Nobody has been able to tell me the difference conclusively.
mjp2 did, but is iz h@rDc0r3!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
Spider Trax or any other that uses a spacer with studs pressed into it is Flawed by design.These have a stud pressed into aluminum with a hole next to each stud. The design criteria is to keep you from having to knock out the studs in the rotor and put in a longer stud.

A better design is to put in a longer stud,then you place the ' spacer" over the new longer studs. When you torque it up the spacer is in compression and only the studs are holding the wheel on. This is how Toyota designed it to work.

Spider trax are adapters not spacers

If you take out the old stud you have to remove the rotor and press or push them out ( I use a Hammer to Push them out). it's not that hard.

Measure the old stud, buy new longer stud, buy spacer and you have a Jerry Rig that is better. It is always better not to have spacers or adapters on wheels!!!

Link to "spacers" they also sell "adapters
http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Spacers_s/27.htm

I own a set of Adapters that i will use if I have rubbing on new wheels/ rims on UCA until I can get spacers and longer studs that will fix the rubbing on UCA.

Studs set in aluminum with a hole next to it on both sides cant be good.I don't care if it is T6.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Somebody post up how many Spider Trax SPacers have failed if they can find it. I couldn't.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhogaz View Post
Somebody post up how many Spider Trax SPacers have failed if they can find it. I couldn't.
i found the one, but it was due to install error by being overtorqued...besides that i have seen none
Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #18
Rompin Around

Quote:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...e-tonight.html

there is another thread on here about a guy breaking a stud on a spidertrax spacer, but he didnt use a torque wrench to put the lugs on and more than likely overtorqued the shit out of them. he said he did it until it didnt move anymore
I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact those were lug-centric apdaters instead of hub-cenctric?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
Low Speed, High Drag

Quote:
i found the one, but it was due to install error by being overtorqued...besides that i have seen none
That's a good thing, since I've got Spider Trax spacers on my truck, right now!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhogaz View Post
That's a good thing, since I've got Spider Trax spacers on my truck, right now!
yeah...as long as they're correctly torqued, u have nothing to worry about