Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

'05 up OEM Foglight & Plug Needed

Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Midnight Blue is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
Midnight Blue's Tacoma Gallery
'05 up OEM Foglight & Plug Needed

Last night one of my foglights was apparently stolen right off my truck . So, im looking for just a stock replacement with the plug, as they cut that right off to go with the light. Ideally it would be someone parting a wrecked Taco or the like. Not that common I know, but its worth a try.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I know you can find the plugs for cheap at your local auto parts store. As for the light housing...good luck. I don't know where to find a single one.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
dmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: c-17 loadmaster
dmbfan73's Tacoma Gallery
the oem fogs are pretty expensive, i had to replace one and it was 107.00. you can try ebay for a single one. watch out for the aftermarket fog lights they arent made as good as the oem ones-i bought a set off of ebay and about a month later the lenses were melting. try rockauto.com they have single fog assemblys for 98.00
Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
I know you can find the plugs for cheap at your local auto parts store. As for the light housing...good luck. I don't know where to find a single one.
Really, just a Pep Boys or Autozone would have the factory specific plug? I woul never have guessed that, and I figured this was going to be the hardest part to find.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
Really, just a Pep Boys or Autozone would have the factory specific plug? I woul never have guessed that, and I figured this was going to be the hardest part to find.
Yep. I got mine at AutoZone. They make plugs for all different kinds of bulbs. I'll stop by my Advance Auto today and get a picture and part number for you to look at.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Bourbon

Here's what you'll need, though I can't remember what number the fog light bulb is (just take your other bulb into the store with you.) The part shouldn't cost any more that $3-$4 and you can just splice the OEM wires with the wires on the plug.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Here's what you'll need, though I can't remember what number the fog light bulb is (just take your other bulb into the store with you.) The part shouldn't cost any more that $3-$4 and you can just splice the OEM wires with the wires on the plug.

That is AWESOME! Thanks dude. Now that I see the plug, and think about it, its not that hard to imagine. The plug isnt Toyota specific, its specific to the bulb type. Ill run by there soon, and maybe Ill get lucky on eBay with the light.