Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Wanted: 2005-2010 OEM ROOF RACKS

Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
Wanted: 2005-2010 OEM ROOF RACKS

Is wandering if anyone has a set they are interested in getting rid of? Are these worth getting? I have always wanted them, but never knew anyone in my area who had them so I could ask about them. I have herad heard you can hear the noise from the air they catch when driving. Is that true?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
I have them, though not for sale. They do not make any noise when in the stowed position, but they make a hell of a racket when the crossbars are deployed.

Marc M
Old 12-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
but they make a hell of a racket when the crossbars are deployed.

Marc M
Good to know.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
T08TRDaveman is on a distinguished road

T08TRDaveman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to T08TRDaveman
I picked up one 2 weeks ago for $245 shipped...
Old 12-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Have you consider a yakima or tule rack? I like the look of the stock but I think its rated for under 100lb load; the Yakima is rated at 250lb.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Have you consider a yakima or tule rack? I like the look of the stock but I think its rated for under 100lb load; the Yakima is rated at 250lb.
I don't have racks on my truck. I wanted to buy the factory ones but I couldn't justify it because I have a bed. That's why I bought a truck. I have used Thule racks on past suv's and they work great. I hear Yakima is just as nice.

In my opinion, just because the racks are rated at 250 doesn't necessarily mean the roof itself is rated at 250. Yes, I know Tacomas are built to withstand a roll over, but that comes from the internal frame, not the sheet metal. I would be very hesitant to put more than 100 up there.