Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

looking for 08 silver hood with scoop

Old 12-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Cool looking for 08 silver hood with scoop

Looking for a hood with a scoop for my 08 willing to trade or buy. mine is in great conditions. Or does anybody have a junkyard around them that might have one? WA,ID, OR any of those places
Old 12-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
so is everyone....if someone could mod. or make one for like $500 or so they would make a killing....
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if there is a scoop that can just be attached ? doesnt have to work just really like the look.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
jabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of lightjabrackin is a glorious beacon of light

jabrackin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jabrackin
good luck on finding a hood with scoop.... almost everyone without one, wants one. I am also in this group that would love to get one. Best bet is to find a junkyard with a Sport truck and see if they would trade. I would do this, but I have no junkyards around here with Tacomas.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #5

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrackin View Post
good luck on finding a hood with scoop.... almost everyone without one, wants one. I am also in this group that would love to get one. Best bet is to find a junkyard with a Sport truck and see if they would trade. I would do this, but I have no junkyards around here with Tacomas.
yea i too have looked at all the junkyards around and non have any tacomas shit not even any 4runners or tundras. but best of luck for u and anyone else looking.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Really? I have a scoop and I think it looks silly - the 4 nearest dealers were out of Tacomas for the longest time with the Cash4Clunkers, so I got the first Taco that came in - still had the padding all over it and I didn't see the scoop til the next day.

Personally, I've been debating trying to see if I could get a regular hood! Except I'd have to probably take out the ding from some road rocks hitting my front a week into owning the truck
Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
stenyeart is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
stenyeart's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just buy a "Replacement" brand hood with the scoop in it and have it painted. They are only about $100 online with free shipping.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #8

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Really? I have a scoop and I think it looks silly - the 4 nearest dealers were out of Tacomas for the longest time with the Cash4Clunkers, so I got the first Taco that came in - still had the padding all over it and I didn't see the scoop til the next day.

Personally, I've been debating trying to see if I could get a regular hood! Except I'd have to probably take out the ding from some road rocks hitting my front a week into owning the truck
well man if you want to trade i wouldnt care about the rock dings as long as they are not to bad. Mine is still in really good condision. Where you located?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenyeart View Post
Why not just buy a "Replacement" brand hood with the scoop in it and have it painted. They are only about $100 online with free shipping.
Link?
Old 01-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #10

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stenyeart View Post
This is true but with aftermarket hoods they dont always fit the same. My dad is a auto body painter and we always run into problems when installing anything other than toyota OEM Parts . Toyota makes their parts to a certain spec and the aftermarket people do not make it that close. but that is just my .02
Old 01-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #11

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 01-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
well man if you want to trade i wouldnt care about the rock dings as long as they are not to bad. Mine is still in really good condision. Where you located?
Hey, sorry, I just saw this.

I'm in Virginia. Kinda far for a day trip.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #13
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Post on Craigslist. I got a response after a few days. You'll get better responses if you make it a trade + cash arrangement. People may lose a scoop for some $$$. I offered $200 on top of the trade, but the guy I found hated his scoop so much he swapped hoods with me for free. I got it repainted at Maaco for $330 but it wasn't what I'd call an excellent paintjob. No worries though - that truck isn't mine anymore.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #15
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Hey, sorry, I just saw this.

I'm in Virginia. Kinda far for a day trip.
I've got a Silver without the scoop. Might consider a trade for the scooped hood if you also have silver. How bad are the dings on the hood? Can you post a pic of the dents? Where at in VA are you?
I had the same problem looking for a truck after the cash for clunkers. Nobody had anything in their inventory but I was lucky and found almost exactly what I wanted.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #16

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Good i hope this post helps somebody like me get what they want. lol I really do hope one of you guys get it. Its always nice to get what you are looking for. But if you know anybody in my region shoot them over to me. Thanks guys and best of luck
Old 01-06-2010, 04:43 AM   #17
youngblood is on a distinguished road
youngblood's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, don't assume most people actually desire the scoop. My conversations with other late model Taco owners points to otherwise.

I've a 07 without and I like it just fine. The scoop is just a bit poser for me and blocks visibility when offroad. Who the f**k needs that?

Give me about a dozen hand cut louvers on each side...that is style that also functions!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #18
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
did you guys every look at this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

I dont know how good the paint is, and you will still need the scoop insert from Toyota, which runs about 170 bucks for all of the pieces

Justin
Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
toy07 is on a distinguished road
Name: mitch
toy07's Tacoma Gallery
i want on to a factory one so if someone got hit me up
Old 01-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #20
Sorry for the late reply.

It's silver, bought in July 09, so hopefully not too much fading. That would be my biggest concern in trading.

Can't post right now (dark out), but hopefully tomorrow I'll remember. It's a pretty impressive "ding," actually dented about 0.5 inches. I was able to get some primer on it within a few hours. Did 2 coats of primer, 2 of the "silver" paint from PepBoys (which isn't a perfect match) and 2 or 3 layers of clearcoat on top of it. Really, the color matches decently, it's the dent that (to me) draws the eye.