Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

doublecab sub box/ amp rack

Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
doublecab sub box/ amp rack

SOLD (1/21/10) EDIT price drop

Selling only sub and sub box... also double din plate
05 + Custom sub box made at local premeir shop (ABT Electronics) glenview. Comes with 12" pioneer shallow mount sub (costs over $200 new).
$200 and you arrange for pickup from 60090 for it... local pickup (Chicago area)
basically your getting the box for free - 10% off cost of sub

have a friend or relative in Chicago metro area? I can meet them and they could ship??

Old 12-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. Bump for you!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Toy Truxx
MrRiceGuyRJ is on a distinguished road
MrRiceGuyRJ's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MrRiceGuyRJ Send a message via Yahoo to MrRiceGuyRJ
Is the headunit for sale as well, or just the dash kit? :-)
Old 12-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRiceGuyRJ View Post
Is the headunit for sale as well, or just the dash kit? :-)
Just the dash kit
Old 12-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Amp and capacitors are not included, correct?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #6

Price drop

Year end sale - see 1st post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler -- bad form, man. You've got your own thread.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Amp and capacitors are not included, correct?
Correct - just Sub and sub box only... amp was 800 plus when I bought it 2 years ago... now you can find em for 399
Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_G13 View Post
i have a box for 2 12's that will fit without any modding
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ouble-cab.html
dude your 12W1's are 5.09 mounting depth.
ftp://extra.abt.com/PDF_Files/12w1v24_owners_manual.pdf

that leaves no room for expansion when you play the damn things, not to mention the box is not big enough to support proper sound for the JL 12w1's

My sub is 2" skinnier and FITS WITH THE SEAT IN THE UP POSITION - NO TRIMMING. The only reason my seat is trimmed is for speaker (sub) expansion when you play the damn thing.
http://www.abt.com/product/43156/Pio...SSW1201S4.html

Shallow mounts are made to sound good in a narrow box
Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #11

Price drop - will cut up the box and part out to the kid for his car by the 16th if no offers
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #12
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
OK just so we are on the same page here...

You had to take out the plastic trays, then this slips right in?

You trimmed the plastic on the seat to allow for movement of the sub? Does this for sure need to be done?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
OK just so we are on the same page here...

You had to take out the plastic trays, then this slips right in?

You trimmed the plastic on the seat to allow for movement of the sub? Does this for sure need to be done?
yes, remove the back trays and pop right in.... as far as the sub "movement" the installer told me it was required for proper sound - I guess the subs flex in and out - I know on a ported sub, you can fell air coming thru the port...
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
you won't ship?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
you won't ship?
I had a tacoma world guy that was interested but has not got back to me in a couple days. I found out thru that deal that fed ex will box and ship. They wanted 49 bucks to box and ~46 to ship from Chicago to Harrisburg PA
That said I will sell at my way low low price of 200=== and split the cost of shipping and boxing
$250 Shipped...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 AM   #16
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
I know you probably don't want to, but would you be willing to sell just the box and the rack? Do you have any specs on the box?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #17

Sold