Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Scooped Hoods

View Poll Results: Are you willing to pay more than $500???
Yes!! 20 10.99%
Hell No !! 162 89.01%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
tomonian77's Tacoma Gallery
Scooped Hoods

It looks like I may have a way to get painted and scooped hoods for a reasonable price. Before I decide to take this on I need to know what the market is for them. What are you willing to pay for a scooped hood?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I perfer a non scoop hood.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I like them, but hell no.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
I actually like the lines that the hood scoop provide when looking at the truck from the sides. Plus when your looking from a little cars rearview mirror and see a lifted tacoma with scoop just makes it look even tougher. Wouldnt pay 500 tho
Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
i was at Autozone yesterday they have hood scoops there that tape on for $30 they are ready for paint and everything. i dont think i would like it but i do know there was some guy on TW a while back trying to sell the same exact thing a primer hood scoop for $500 i thought it was kinda funny to see it in autozone for $30
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
The scoop looks cool but not worth spending any money on it.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
i was at Autozone yesterday they have hood scoops there that tape on for $30 they are ready for paint and everything. i dont think i would like it but i do know there was some guy on TW a while back trying to sell the same exact thing a primer hood scoop for $500 i thought it was kinda funny to see it in autozone for $30
Those stick on scoops have looked like crap on every type of vehicle I've ever seen them on. You get what you pay for...
I've got a scooped hood...so...nopre.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

I think some of you may have misunderstood the question. I am referring to the hood and scoop painted for $500, not just the scoop.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
ill take one in silver
Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
These hoods are factory, or a flat hood with an aftermarket scoop?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #12

Yes factory with factory paint job. I may be able to get them cheaper depending on the deal I make on paint. $500 would be the max.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #14
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
500 seems high for a scooped hood...

You can get a factory scooped hood from www.toyotapartsbarn.com for $313.00 + $40 to ship, it is primered, but I can't imagine it would be more than $100 or so to paint.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #15

I called about those and they come with a shipping primer only to prevent damage during shipping.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
tacos89 is on a distinguished road
tacos89's Tacoma Gallery
i would pay 300 for one
Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #17

Thats what I am thinking it would come out to as long as I can get a decent paint job on them. The hood cost is minimal, it's the paint that is expensive.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would pay ~$350
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Not worth the money for something that is only for looks
Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #20
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
500 seems high for a scooped hood...

You can get a factory scooped hood from www.toyotapartsbarn.com for $313.00 + $40 to ship, it is primered, but I can't imagine it would be more than $100 or so to paint.
hood + shipping +scoop insert parts.+ paint...the list goes on and on..
500 might be reasonable for a scooped hood+insert parts+ paint

the scooped hood mentioned in the above link does not include the scoop insert parts or the seal. those parts sell sep and are more than $100 + on trd parts4u