Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB Front Bumper and Fender Flares

Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
mr.ernst is on a distinguished road
Army: Information Systems Analyst
mr.ernst's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Front Bumper and Fender Flares

I purchased an 09 base model silver streak Prerunner with the flat black front bumper and fender flares, and have since decided that I probably should've gone with one of the color matched models.

I talked to my local paint shop about painting the stock bumper and fender flares, but as I've read on here, he too had some concerns about the paint chipping off. So I looked into purchasing OEM fender flares from the dealer but their cost just doesn't justify my need. I'm also looking into the bushwacker option but I feel as though it gives the truck a more off-road, 4x4 look, which is a great thing but I won't be doing any off-roading and I'm not sure what other mods I might do in the future.

I'm looking for any color front bumper or fender flares in good shape that can be painted within about a 6 hour drive of me. I'd actuall be willing to pay for shipping the fender flares, but the bumper would have to be pickup as shipping would just be too much.

Or if anybody has any other ideas or options, let me know I'm open to anything. I have plans for a suspension lift and upgraded wheels and tires simply for aesthetic purposes sometime this spring so I'm trying to get the rest of this out of the way now.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Thanks, I had actually looked into the glass works option but I'm just not sure I like the look without putting a much larger tire on the truck. I'm trying to get something as close to factory as possible.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
I've searched the site quite a bit and haven't come across anybody who has successfully painted their stock black bumper and fender. However if there's anybody out there thats done it, please let me know if there was any special technique or special adhesion promoter used. Painting would obviously be the easiest method, and I'm honestly convinced it will work. I'd just like to have at least a couple more people to support my theory.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
try searching junkyards
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Resmondo has a spectacular aura aboutResmondo has a spectacular aura about
Name: Cody
Resmondo's Tacoma Gallery
ARB BULL BAR and bushwacker has some pretty close to factory lookin stuff
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraQr View Post
Google search Glass works fiberglass fenders.

http://www.glassworksunlimited.com/

Its a fender option if that what you want.
dam another thing to add to my to do list...lol