1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

<TRADE> My Excellent OEM 2009 LED Tail Lights for your 09/10 Tails <SOCAL>

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by RAD, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Feb 2, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    RAD

RAD [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^
    Thanks Ty. I was shocked @ your so called PRO install. I'm thinking I can start my own Pro Installs then for half of what shops charge..LOL

Electroman, Josh, and you have made me do it.....I'm starting my research on the lights and I think I'll be able to do it. I read about it for quite some time and decided. I will be joining to club after my Leather Installs. . .

I'll be adding a slight twist to them to set my Retros different from those out there for now. ;) You know me. . .

Spindles/All Pro Leaf Pack will now be placed further back for future Mods.

F'n Yosh & his Work. Looks LEGIT

2. Feb 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    vwguy60

vwguy60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport DC LB
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, TC ucas, TRD CAI, powder coated OEM tube steps, powder coated TRD skid plate.
    Thanks Ray!!!

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

3. Feb 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ Glad you like them Mark. Changed your Tacos rear end look a lot. Nice Meeting you.

I'll get that 3rd Brake light for you done in the future.

4. Feb 7, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    Just4fununlimited

Just4fununlimited Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyrtl
    Cerritos/Originally from the island of Guam
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner TRD Off Road SR5
    Toytec 3" Lift with 1.5" Lift block in the rear 285/75/16 COOPER STT 16" Eagle Alloy Style 101 PA15 TOY Decepticon Emblem courtesy of Metalmiller TRD Urban Assault Emblem courtesy of Sockmonkey More to come...
    Bump for a great deal

5. Feb 7, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
  6. Feb 7, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    Looks great! :thumbsup:

7. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

SoCaliSnowboarder77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 GSXR 600 & Snowboarders Hauler
    4x4 OFF-ROAD... that is all I need...
    That looks bad ass! But beware of insurance fraud people. My homie is an auto insurance lawyer and told me stories of clients with tinted lights getting rear ended and found at fault for the accident. Shady ass bitches out there dude. Beware!

8. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    If I rear ended someone because I couldnt see their brake lights that good I would do the same. ;)

9. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:35 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ These actually Enhance the LED Red lights and can't be mistakened one bit for the light output. We did a side by side test and the tinted side performed better. I was shocked and well, impressed.

I've always taken pictures of the tails to keep for record. I too work for ONE of the largest Insurance companies out there and know the tricks.

Take pictures, videos to show the light output. Hence the reason I never for DARK tails. These are very light and doesnt disrupt the light.

10. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Im not doubting you Ray. I just hate other people out there. I would love to tint mine but am too scared. Because If i got hit so hard and they had to tow or what not they would notice the tail lights blah blah blah. Just one less thing to worry about. Maybe I will do mine one day. If so Ray will be the guy to do it. He is the best in the biz.

11. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Have you tried that argument in a court of law? Just wondering.

12. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:50 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    What I'd do is hire a good lawyer and also present the evidence in court. Simple proof to show the court that false claims were presented by the defendant. Ruins credibility to the defendant and with a good lawyer to exhaust that topic. Easy win as they'll pull the tallights from evidence to show the court.

They'll use my Videos, Pictures to compare and show the Brake Light Output.

Then a good lawyer would recreate my Exact Tails, using the Exact Film to show the court in person the true light output @ time of accident.

Game, Match, Won and give me More $$$. I've developed a back and neck problem.

TRD SUPERCHARGER in my New 2010 Taco

13. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    But isnt there a law stating you cannot have tinted tail lights??? If so, it doesnt matter if they are as bright as the sun. Judge wouldnt even bother listening to you.

14. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Oh my bad dude, I thought you meant you're a lawyer that worked for an insurance company. I need sleep. Had a long fun snowboarding session at Big Bear today. Fresh pow every where!

I would tint my lights, but all that extra procedures doesn't seem worth it in case that happens. My old EK had tinted tails and head lights.

15. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^
    Shit, I wish I was a lawyer for my Insurance Company. I'd be driving a Space Ship with the money I'd make.

JD-There is also a law stating to keep a certain distance from the vehicle in front of you. There is also a law to yield and stop to avoid impact from the vehicle in front of you.

You can argue with HID's too. They're NOT Dot approved and any HID change that NOT factory is against the law.

16. Feb 7, 2010 at 11:57 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Ray, don't make me have to come beat you up for that nonsense. :cool:

17. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    RAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ Can You Even DRIVE over here to me? I didn't know the bus runs this late. :D

J/K Man...
    Good Luck with that

18. Feb 8, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    :crapstorm: lol I still got my work truck. gn tw

19. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    2.7bluetaco

2.7bluetaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jacob
    middlesex,nc
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 tacoma 2.7
    trd door stickers k&n cold air intake projector head lights 40 series flowmaster exhaust system nitto terra grappelers 265/70/16 billet grille
    i will trade u my stock oem tail lights for those! but mine is an 06! there mint condtion though

20. May 12, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    shredtacoma

shredtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Debadged with snugtop
    Camburg lift, ProComp rims, Nitto Terragrappler tires, snugtop, Flowmaster exhaust and Airraid intake
    where did u get the tinting vinyl and what shade. nice job with the lights

Products Discussed in

To Top