Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Headlights for 2nd Gen.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
tomonian77's Tacoma Gallery
Headlights for 2nd Gen.

Does anyone have any headlights laying around they would like to part with? I did the BHLM and it didn't come out as well as I would have liked. Even if it is just the front lenses let me know.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Do tell, what happened?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
www.rock-auto.com sells the headlight assemblies for between $50 and $90 each depending on the specific manufacturer you go with. Not a bad price.

This would be another option:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

I thought about buying a black out set off of ebay until I saw the shipping costs on most of them... insane
Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #5

I did the mod about 2 weeks ago and I burned the passenger side lense on the top if the oven. Other than that there are a few places that got chipped so you can see a little bit of the chrome coming thru.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch, I wish you luck with the fix.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonian77 View Post
I thought about buying a black out set off of ebay until I saw the shipping costs on most of them... insane
Well, ~125.00 for headlights that already blacked out isn't that bad. I'd add an extra bead of silicone, though. Mine didn't come out like I wanted to also so I'm going that route.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulySSes View Post
Well, ~125.00 for headlights that already blacked out isn't that bad. I'd add an extra bead of silicone, though. Mine didn't come out like I wanted to also so I'm going that route.
That's my take on it. I'm going that route in the next month or so with mine. The novelty of the halo projectors has worn off and now I'd prefer to actually see at night.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
i would stay away from rock auto, tryed to get a bumper for my mag from them and all i ended up with was a headache.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #10

It would be great if I could just find the lenses.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
i would stay away from rock auto, tryed to get a bumper for my mag from them and all i ended up with was a headache.
Odd. They've always been great with my stuff. I've been ordering from them for years.

PartsGeek.com is another good site.