Notices

WTB Spidertrax Spacers

Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
poornavyguy is on a distinguished road
Navy: GM1
Name: Rich
poornavyguy's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Spidertrax Spacers

Hey all I figured I would see if anyone had some spacers they want to sell before i pull the trigger on some new ones. Thanks in advance. Rich
Old 01-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
How do those spacers compare to spidertrax? I like that you can get wider than spidertrax 1.25" but I dont want to go cheap on something like this.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by poornavyguy View Post
How do those spacers compare to spidertrax? I like that you can get wider than spidertrax 1.25" but I dont want to go cheap on something like this.
No, you don't want to go cheap on something like this. IMO, hub centric Spidertrax with factory wheels are actually stronger than lug centric aftermarket rims. I'm almost certain Spidertrax come in a few different sizes up to 3". Check their website.

I absolutely love mine. I have the 1.25". They kick out the stance just enough to give it a more aggressive stance. I also like the idea that my truck is technically less likely to roll while wheeling too.

Even if you pay full price for new ones, you won't regret it. If you change your mind down the road, you can sell them in about 5 minutes on this site for a price that will recover the bulk of the original investment.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Thanks for the advice. I am definitely going to get something because the truck just needs a more aggresive stance. How do the 1.25" ones look? Do you think that 1.5" would be too much? I have been searching but its hard to find a good pic.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen some good head on, before and after comparison pix on this site before but I'd have to do some searching myself to find them. Search Spidertrax and check "titles only", I think you'll find it. I do not have a before picture but tomorrow I could post a picture of mine mounted. My truck is lifted but I still have stock TRD Off Road rims and 265/70-16 tires (new tires coming at tax return). If you're interested, I could even get a picture of the wheel stuffed in the well. If you go too wide, you may need Bushwacker flares so as not to hit the panel when stuffed.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBoy View Post
No, you don't want to go cheap on something like this. IMO, hub centric Spidertrax with factory wheels are actually stronger than lug centric aftermarket rims. I'm almost certain Spidertrax come in a few different sizes up to 3". Check their website.

I absolutely love mine. I have the 1.25". They kick out the stance just enough to give it a more aggressive stance. I also like the idea that my truck is technically less likely to roll while wheeling too.

Even if you pay full price for new ones, you won't regret it. If you change your mind down the road, you can sell them in about 5 minutes on this site for a price that will recover the bulk of the original investment.
+1^exactly what he said......I was looking on this site for a few weeks for someone to post some used Spidertrax (Hub centric) and nobody is letting them go. I just went ahead and put up the money ($215 shipped) and I'm really happy with them. Well worth the coin.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #9
Thanks for the input guys. I am running stock wheels and 265/75/16 Goodrich ATs and a revtek lift so I think the spacers will make the stance a lot more aggresive looking. I saw the thread with the spacers for sale but you have to be quick when they go for sale. I will get some before and after pics and post once they arrive.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
here is my truck when I had the 1.25 spidertrax on. My tires are 285X65X18's
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
here is my truck when I had the 1.25 spidertrax on. My tires are 285X65X18's
Keep in mind that your truck will not look like that^ if you run the stock rims. He is running aftermarket rims. On the stock rims with 285's the tire will slightly stick out. The Spidertrax really help in clearing the UCA. Good luck. I might just post a pic of mine. I got it done this past weekend.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question about spacers. I have alot of guys tell me that putting spacers on a truck eventually cause problems like worn out joints etc. What are the advantages vs. disadvantages of have them. sorry if this is already a previous topic