1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTT: Bomz racing CAI for AAL

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by User123, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 4, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    User123

User123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver PreRunner
    About a week ago, I answered an add for a free CAI for various vehicles and our truck was on the list. It seems fujita is going out of business and so the manufacturer is now selling the piping to various companies and Bomz is one of them. They were giving away free intakes for test fittings and pictures of the install. Only catch was that you bring your own tools and install yourself.
    noname.jpg
    It comes with all the hardware but the only thing I'm missing is the thin vacuum line. The filter itself is a no name brand. Well, I guess its a Bomz racing filter:confused:

I had this on my truck for less than half a day with maybe only an hour of driving before I came across a great deal on a Volant. The guy had it for less than a month and it was in great condition. He let it go for $150. He left the invoice in the box when I picked it up and he payed $300 for it. I got the Volant due to the enclosed box. It made more sense than having the filter exposed and just sucking up hot engine bay air. I was eventually going to build a box around the bomz CAI but again, I found a great deal that I couldnt pass up.

I didnt sign any agreements to keep the filter an "x" amount of time or a no resell agreement which is typical for test fitments but since I got it for free, I dont feel right selling it for money. But, if anyone happens to have some AAL for a second gen laying around collecting dust, I'm willing to trade.

Keep in mind, after reading all the posts about CAIs, it seems you dont necessarily gain a performance or mpg boost unless you calibrate your MAF sensor so I guess Its really more for the sound.

2. Feb 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    User123

User123 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver PreRunner
    I'm open to other trades as well... Make an offer...

Products Discussed in

To Top