Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: 2nd Gen ('09-'10) Tailgate Camera Harness

Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
FS: 2nd Gen ('09-'10) Tailgate Camera Harness

SOLD !!!

I have an almost new '09 Tailgate Camera Harness I bought to retrofit a backup camera in my '05 Taco. Ended up getting another when I bought a '09 Tailgate Handle w/Camera. Now I have an extra I don't need. Asking $25 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails
FS: 2nd Gen ('09-'10) Tailgate Camera Harness-img_1410.jpg   FS: 2nd Gen ('09-'10) Tailgate Camera Harness-img_1414.jpg   FS: 2nd Gen ('09-'10) Tailgate Camera Harness-img_1415.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande
I want to be the first in line, but how the hell would I use this. Do I need to have an OEM tailgate handle with the backup camera already installed? I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 that is capable of handling a backup camera but I want to make it almost stock.

How did you do yours.

Thanks,

John
I bought a Tailgate Harness from another TW member. Later, I bought an OEM '09 Tailgate Handle w/Camera & Harness on eBay (thus the extra harness). I replaced my '05 Tailgate Handle with the '09, plugged in the Tailgate Harness to the camera, then ordered the connector housing that mated to the other end of the harness along with 4 terminal wires. I then extended the 4 wires to the cab where I picked up the Reverse signal and then connected all 5 to my Gentex mirror.

Incidently, the OEM camera requires 6v (NOT 12v). The Gentex mirror provided this supply voltage. You'll need to verify if your Pioneer HU provides the same. If not, you can always make your own using a LM7806 voltage regulator.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #4

Reduced asking price from $25+shipping to $25 shipped.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #5

sold !!!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
petyanca is on a distinguished road
petyanca's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post

Incidently, the OEM camera requires 6v (NOT 12v). The Gentex mirror provided this supply voltage. You'll need to verify if your Pioneer HU provides the same. If not, you can always make your own using a LM7806 voltage regulator.
Do you happen to know what pin on the mirror produces 6v ?