1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For Sale: (4) Tire Pressure Monitors

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by dougarmintrout, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    dougarmintrout

dougarmintrout [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab Prerunner
    These came out of the factory 16" steel wheels on my '10 Tacoma. They were the wrong angle for my new rims.

These only have 500 miles on them. They are $115 new from the dealer. I'll take $200 for all 4.

I live in Seattle, 98105.

Part#: PA66 GF33

001.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    You know you could have still used them. I just had the ones in my steel wheels put in my new XD's. They won't mount flat because of the angle but can still be used if you mount them upside down. Then they will be at the right angle and work just fine. You just need to make sure that if the tires are ever removed from the wheels you tell them that the TPMS is not mounted flat and to push the valve stem into the tire before removing. Otherwise they will break them off. Would have saved you some money.

3. Feb 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    tacobale

tacobale Well-Known Member

Member:

Good to know. So I guess I can use my sensors from the steel wheels and use them on the Toyota 16" Aluminum wheels?

4. Feb 24, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Yes. They took mine out of 16" steel wheels and put them in 17" XD Addicts. If you ever have the tires taken off the wheels and forget to tell them that they are mounted upside down, they will break when they try to remove them. Also if you ever get a flat they will more than likely get get smashed. I wasnt about to spend $400 on new ones so I'll take my chances.

Products Discussed in

To Top