Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

For Sale: (4) Tire Pressure Monitors

Old 02-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
dougarmintrout is on a distinguished road
Name: Doug
dougarmintrout's Tacoma Gallery
For Sale: (4) Tire Pressure Monitors

These came out of the factory 16" steel wheels on my '10 Tacoma. They were the wrong angle for my new rims.

These only have 500 miles on them. They are $115 new from the dealer. I'll take $200 for all 4.

I live in Seattle, 98105.

Part#: PA66 GF33
Attached Thumbnails
For Sale: (4) Tire Pressure Monitors-001.jpg   For Sale: (4) Tire Pressure Monitors-img_0026.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
You know you could have still used them. I just had the ones in my steel wheels put in my new XD's. They won't mount flat because of the angle but can still be used if you mount them upside down. Then they will be at the right angle and work just fine. You just need to make sure that if the tires are ever removed from the wheels you tell them that the TPMS is not mounted flat and to push the valve stem into the tire before removing. Otherwise they will break them off. Would have saved you some money.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
tacobale is on a distinguished road
tacobale's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
You know you could have still used them. They won't mount flat because of the angle but can still be used if you mount them upside down. Then they will be at the right angle and work just fine. You just need to make sure that if the tires are ever removed from the wheels you tell them that the TPMS is not mounted flat and to push the valve stem into the tire before removing. Otherwise they will break them off. Would have saved you some money.

Good to know. So I guess I can use my sensors from the steel wheels and use them on the Toyota 16" Aluminum wheels?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. They took mine out of 16" steel wheels and put them in 17" XD Addicts. If you ever have the tires taken off the wheels and forget to tell them that they are mounted upside down, they will break when they try to remove them. Also if you ever get a flat they will more than likely get get smashed. I wasnt about to spend $400 on new ones so I'll take my chances.