1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Selling my truck

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by TACOROCK, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Feb 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    TACOROCK

TACOROCK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    I am trading in my low mile (24,332) 2006 Supercharged tacoma double cab longbed 4x4 with a 6 inch fabtech lift. It is a steal I swear!!! heres the dirty on it the dealership is trying to give me 22,000 for my truck and im sure they will sell it for 30,000. Heres your chance. The truck has dvd and nav as well as a custom sound system and memphis amp. I also put on aftermarket fenders with a 4 inch lip. I am making the deal on monday or tuesday this coming week so the 2nd or 3rd. CHAD 910 813 7047 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $25,000 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    TACOMA - 32,000 when it was new
    URD SUPERCHARGER- 6,000
    Lift upgrade - 1,500
    NAV 1,000
    Custom system 1,500
    Rockstar rims 2,000
    Nitto Dune grapplers 1,500
    DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS 700
    custom magnaflow exhaust 500

PUT THE WORD OUT BECAUSE ITS GOING!!! AND I WOULD RATHER HAVE ONE OF YOU GUYS SWOOP IT UP FOR THAT PRICE

2. Feb 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    bump for a sweet truck. Why are you trading it in?

3. Feb 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    i want the tundra

4. Feb 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
  5. Feb 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    whoa! overpriced big time!

6. Feb 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    TacoSupreem

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I paid 26,000 for my off road brand new!

7. Feb 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB -Empty-

Member:
    Then you got a good deal.... Don't go and trash his thread. Go look at used taco prices.

Free bump dude

8. Feb 27, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    TacoSupreem

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I know what they're worth.

9. Feb 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    ShaLor

ShaLor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Doublecab TRD Off Road
    Custom mud flap removal from rock on trail :), Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Cobra 75 wx st CB install, 19 more D-Rings in the bed, Satoshi Grill, Fog Lamp on any time mod. Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mount, LED bed lights, Demello Hybrid Sliders, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Lighted 4x4 switch
    I agree with overpriced. I understand your frustration with the dealer though. Unfortunately, the upgrades that you made to your trcuk don't translate well to actual value of your vehicle. I used to work at my family dealership, and we would price vehicle purchases based upon industry standards such as Black Book, and NADA. Most upgrades simply DO NOT add any value to the vehicle because most buyers are NOT looking for those things. In fact, the upgrades that you made to your truck will probably make it harder for the dealer to sell that particular truck to the average public.
    If the offered you $22,000 that is a pretty damn good price for trade in.

10. Feb 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    26K... hmmmm okay now throw a supercharger on that... then ure at 32k and lets just assume you are smart enough to put it on ureself thats a day gone... now go ahead and lift it bud.... do the math before you spout out a fucktard comment like that.! thanks. oh sorry for the comment (everybody else!)
    for everyone else ya i know the stuff i put on it was my idea you know the modding bug got to me. theres a whole bunch of other stuff done to it but i think its a fair asking price and it only has 24k miles so we will see what happens.

11. Feb 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    one word of advice....dont deal w/ RHT...go to pinehurst or sanford and see what u can get

12. Feb 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    TacoSupreem

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    u will never get back the money that you spent on aftermarket parts. I know that you have spent alot on your truck no doubt, but the bank doesnt care about that stuff. They will never loan somebody that much money over the book value. Your best bet would be to return it to stock as much as possible and sell the aftermarket stuff here or on ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  13. Feb 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    ok so everyone has proven the point that they are the smartest tacoma owners, modders and obviously we are all truck appraisers.....but let him try and make his sell if he doesnt sell it than he will realize "hey maybe i am over priced" and if he does sell it than he accomplished what he set out to do..... not saying anyone is wrong here but being bias does not mean your right it just means you think what you think and nothings gonna change that....all you can do is wish him luck and thanks it because obviously he feels he is just as right as you are.

Products Discussed in

To Top