Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler: WTT 2010 Taco for older model

Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
bigsur is on a distinguished road
Name: Stephen
bigsur's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler: WTT 2010 Taco for older model

I love my Silver Streak Mica 2010 TRD OR DC SB w/ 5k miles. Its stock except for rear spring TSB and Weathertech in the front and back.

I owe $20,000. Seriously considering trading for an older model in order to not have this debt, not because I can't pay it but because I want to try to eliminate as much debt as I can, and this is the only thing left.

Really just looking for 4doors and 4wd. I would even consider a Tundra.

Anyone have an interesting offer? Or maybe a dealer I should talk to?
Old 03-01-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised at how many people are either losing their jobs or not very good at controlling their impulses.

Just seems like some don't put a whole lot of thought into a $30,000 purchase these days.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
launchpad14 is on a distinguished road
launchpad14's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^That was helpful.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
bigsur's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
I'm surprised at how many people are either losing their jobs or not very good at controlling their impulses.

Just seems like some don't put a whole lot of thought into a $30,000 purchase these days.
When you assume you make an ass out of u and me. Haha.

I actually CAN afford my truck, and I could pay it off in 10 months without struggling at all. I originally wanted a used Tacoma but the fact is there are not many used 4wd tacos in the area.

Thanks for the help though.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
When you assume you make an ass out of u and me. Haha.

I actually CAN afford my truck, and I could pay it off in 10 months without struggling at all. I originally wanted a used Tacoma but the fact is there are not many used 4wd tacos in the area.

Thanks for the help though.
You're right.

Obviously a well thought out move on your part.

My 'bad'...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
bigsur's Tacoma Gallery
Yes indeed, as I live well over an hour away from the closest grocery store, when you need a car NOW you go get a car NOW. My last truck was totaled and I had to replaced it immediately and did not have the luxury of waiting around and looking for a great used vehicle for a few months. What I did do was call every Toyota dealership within 150 miles and got the best deal I could find over the phone before hitchhiking to the dealership to purchase it.

Now, this all happened 5 days before I was the minister in my sister's wedding which added to the necessity of purchasing something immediately.

Maybe you would have chosen a different route had you been in my situation. Good for you.

Just trying to figure out if I should trade down. Don't assume everyone is thoughtless just because they choose to trade down as.....there are often circumstances about which you would have no knowledge.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're right.

My 'bad'...
How old are you?

The dude is just trying to put an offer out there. Tomorrow you might be doing the same!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're right.

My 'bad'...
Get off the dude's case w/o all of the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
Yes indeed, as I live well over an hour away from the closest grocery store, when you need a car NOW you go get a car NOW. My last truck was totaled and I had to replaced it immediately and did not have the luxury of waiting around and looking for a great used vehicle for a few months. What I did do was call every Toyota dealership within 150 miles and got the best deal I could find over the phone before hitchhiking to the dealership to purchase it.

Now, this all happened 5 days before I was the minister in my sister's wedding which added to the necessity of purchasing something immediately.

Maybe you would have chosen a different route had you been in my situation. Good for you.

Just trying to figure out if I should trade down. Don't assume everyone is thoughtless just because they choose to trade down as.....there are often circumstances about which you would have no knowledge.
Not to side with WNYTACOMA, and don't take this that way, but there are rental car companies out there for a reason. You obviously wouldn't want to rent for a few months, but it could have bought some time.

In your situation, why not just pay the truck off in 10 months and have the paid-for truck in your driveway for years to come? You're going to lose a few thousand on the trade (especially w/ how people view Toyotas these days), and if you can have it paid off with no problem within the year, there's no reason to lose that money.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Get off the dude's case w/o all of the facts.

Not to side with WNYTACOMA, and don't take this that way, but there are rental car companies out there for a reason. You obviously wouldn't want to rent for a few months, but it could have bought some time.

In your situation, why not just pay the truck off in 10 months and have the paid-for truck in your driveway for years to come? You're going to lose a few thousand on the trade (especially w/ how people view Toyotas these days), and if you can have it paid off with no problem within the year, there's no reason to lose that money.
Looks like someone talks out both sides of their...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
So telling you not to be an ass by assuming the guy's in his situation b/c he's an idiot, then making suggestions to him about what to do (this or next time) is talking out of both sides of my mouth?
Old 03-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
18seeds is on a distinguished road
18seeds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

shouldn't you be on the other Toyota forum... The one where all the azzhats hang out
Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously guys this is his thread, if your not interested in buying/trading there is really no reason to post here. Just leave your opinions on his reasoning to the off topic forum or PM's.