1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

canadian parts

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by jonnymack25, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Mar 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    jonnymack25

jonnymack25 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hello people of tacoma world forum,

I cannot be the only canadian on this site. I am trying to find reasonably priced parts within canada or an american company that will ship with USPS so there are little to no duties paid. If anyone could help me out with this it would be great!

2. Mar 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    what kind of parts are you looking for?

3. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Chances are pretty good you will have to get a PO box in the states to save some $$$$.

4. Mar 2, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    astorey

astorey Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Base TRD
    I've used Bongo a few times - they ship DHL and don't charge crazy brokerage fees - after several large shipments i've only ever paid GST and $7 for the brokerage. You can calculate their shipping rates here:
    http://www.bongous.com/shipping_cost_calculator.php

Another alternative is to use a shipping outlet near the border such as http://www.montanashipping.com - they give you the option to hold the package for pickup or forward via UPS/Fedex.

It's too bad there's no good Canadian sites to get auto parts. I've shipped ~$1600 USD in parts this year - including fees for the extra shipping, GST and brokerage fees, the same parts from a local dealer or Canadian website still would've cost me ~35-45% more. It's insane.

5. Mar 3, 2010 at 3:38 AM
    jonnymack25

jonnymack25 [OP] Member

Member:
    Right now I am just looking to get a cold air intake some weathertech floormats and probably some step side bars. Lift kits and tires this summer.

6. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    astorey

astorey Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    05 Base TRD
    I found streetsideauto.com to be a good site with free US shipping - there's a 10% off discount code you can find with a bit of googling which usually makes them cheaper than anywhere else (for the lights, bullbar, floor mats that I bought anyway). If you can't find it let me know and I'm sure I can dig it up. Orders typically ship next day and took 3-5 days to get to my US address.

tirerack.com will ship to Canada and I believe once you pay their total cost you'll only end up with GST on top of that (no extra UPS fees). Lift I'm not sure of... If you find any better options let me know because I'm probably loooking at a lift and tires this summer too.

Products Discussed in

To Top