Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

canadian parts

Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
jonnymack25 is on a distinguished road
jonnymack25's Tacoma Gallery
canadian parts

Hello people of tacoma world forum,

I cannot be the only canadian on this site. I am trying to find reasonably priced parts within canada or an american company that will ship with USPS so there are little to no duties paid. If anyone could help me out with this it would be great!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of parts are you looking for?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Chances are pretty good you will have to get a PO box in the states to save some $$$$.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
astorey is on a distinguished road
astorey's Tacoma Gallery
I've used Bongo a few times - they ship DHL and don't charge crazy brokerage fees - after several large shipments i've only ever paid GST and $7 for the brokerage. You can calculate their shipping rates here:
http://www.bongous.com/shipping_cost_calculator.php

Another alternative is to use a shipping outlet near the border such as http://www.montanashipping.com - they give you the option to hold the package for pickup or forward via UPS/Fedex.

It's too bad there's no good Canadian sites to get auto parts. I've shipped ~$1600 USD in parts this year - including fees for the extra shipping, GST and brokerage fees, the same parts from a local dealer or Canadian website still would've cost me ~35-45% more. It's insane.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
jonnymack25 is on a distinguished road
jonnymack25's Tacoma Gallery
Right now I am just looking to get a cold air intake some weathertech floormats and probably some step side bars. Lift kits and tires this summer.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #6
astorey is on a distinguished road
astorey's Tacoma Gallery
I found streetsideauto.com to be a good site with free US shipping - there's a 10% off discount code you can find with a bit of googling which usually makes them cheaper than anywhere else (for the lights, bullbar, floor mats that I bought anyway). If you can't find it let me know and I'm sure I can dig it up. Orders typically ship next day and took 3-5 days to get to my US address.

tirerack.com will ship to Canada and I believe once you pay their total cost you'll only end up with GST on top of that (no extra UPS fees). Lift I'm not sure of... If you find any better options let me know because I'm probably loooking at a lift and tires this summer too.