Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

What is the safest way to buy something on this site

Old 03-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Hawaiian Taco is on a distinguished road

Hawaiian Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question What is the safest way to buy something on this site

I am trying to buy some tail lights from other members, although i dont want to get ripped off. Ive had offers that the website later emailed me and said the member was "shady". What is the best way to buy something from someone else without any risk of losing your money??

Mahalos
Old 03-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
There really is no way, unless you use a middle man, but that would jack the price up.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
maybe someone with alot of posts instead of 10 posst.buy from a forum regular.that is your best bet
Old 03-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
maybe someone with alot of posts instead of 10 posst.buy from a forum regular.that is your best bet
x2 but i bought some stuff from some low post guys and its never hurt me

Edit: Oh and
.|
.|
\ /
Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
paypal, if it isnt proven to have arrived you can file a claim and get your money back
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
paypal, if it isnt proven to have arrived you can file a claim and get your money back
you cant always get your money back.if there isnt any money in the account paypal doesnt pay you.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
when in doubt, send me the cash.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
you cant always get your money back.if there isnt any money in the account paypal doesnt pay you.
i thought if they didnt have any money it would automaticly draft it from the connected bank account/card and on top charge the seller a 10 buck fee
Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Taco View Post
I am trying to buy some tail lights from other members, although i dont want to get ripped off. Ive had offers that the website later emailed me and said the member was "shady". What is the best way to buy something from someone else without any risk of losing your money??

Mahalos
there's been very few bad incidents on here from members buying from each other. you could buy from someone with a higher post count if you're concerned. we'll be adding itrader very soon where people can rate their buying experiences from other members
Old 03-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
paypal is not always safe like some say, if they close there bank account there is nothing paypal can do. i posted before about doing feed back, i was on 3 other sites for my magnum and all 3 had a way to give feed back.if everything was good then both give good feed back if something went wrong like you got riped off then you post bad feed back kind of like ebay.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i thought if they didnt have any money it would automaticly draft it from the connected bank account/card and on top charge the seller a 10 buck fee
say if its a scam and a hacked account.your beat. if they dont have money your beat.. its almost like its not worth using paypal.they really dont protect you at all
Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ive had offers that the website later emailed me and said the member was "shady".
Mahalos[/quote]
who me? lol
Old 03-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
there's been very few bad incidents on here from members buying from each other. you could buy from someone with a higher post count if you're concerned. we'll be adding itrader very soon where people can rate their buying experiences from other members
you must have posted this as i was doing my post..lol
Old 03-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
and be wary of buying from members named shady. jk
Old 03-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
Banned
ha ha funny...... Sad part is I always get crap for my nickname ,
Old 03-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
tacomanuts89 will become famous soon enoughtacomanuts89 will become famous soon enough
Name: Mat
tacomanuts89's Tacoma Gallery
what about the people like me who are just joining the site? I just dont have time to make 3000 post haha but anyway paypal is the best and its free!!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #17
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
just dont deal with jfrost007 and you will be fine.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #18
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised we don't have a buyer and seller feedback thread. Many other boards I participate in have them and it is a good way to gauge.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomanuts89 View Post
what about the people like me who are just joining the site? I just dont have time to make 3000 post haha but anyway paypal is the best and its free!!!!!
not all true , paypal is free for buyer not the seller..