Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

2nd Gen. 05-10 Oil Cooler

Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen. 05-10 Oil Cooler

Not mine, but I know how hard it was to find mine. So here ya go:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=143542
Old 03-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
mhlden is on a distinguished road
mhlden's Tacoma Gallery
You seem to be able to find all the good stuff, looks like I have deep sixed the idea of selling my taco. No one wants to pay anything for it, might as well keep it and do what I want to it....
Old 03-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhlden View Post
You seem to be able to find all the good stuff, looks like I have deep sixed the idea of selling my taco. No one wants to pay anything for it, might as well keep it and do what I want to it....
Now you're talking!

P.S. - I can't believe the Oil Cooler is still available... This is a DEAL folks! Trust Me, I've been down this road...
Old 03-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I may be interested. Thanks for the link
Old 03-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ yea, thats a crazy good deal...almost as good as my $35 OEM oil cooler...w/ water inlet and everything!!

FYI, just the oil cooler pancake part goes for like over $600 at the dealer
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #6

Below is the parts list for the OEM Oil Cooler listed in order of cost. As you can see, the Oil Cooler and the Water Inlet Housing represent the bulk of the cost (~$850 ). Even with an online 30% discount, you're still talking ~$600 . Makes $300 look pretty reasonable...

OEM Oil Cooler
--------------
90201-25007 $0.60 Plate Washer
90178-A0023 $0.66 T-Stat Nut (Qty=3)
16326-31020 $0.89 T-Stat Gasket
16325-31010 $1.43 O-Ring Gasket (IN Port)
96134-41900 $2.26 Hose Clamp (Qty=4)
96761-35031 $3.46 O-Ring Gasket (OUT Port)
15301-67004 $4.37 Oil Cooler O-Ring
15695-22010 $14.35 Oil Cooler Union Bolt
15777-31010 $14.38 Upper Hose
15778-31010 $19.29 Lower Hose
16323-0P020 $92.71 Water Inlet Housing w/Tstat
15710-31010 $685.66 Oil Cooler Assy
Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
mhlden is on a distinguished road
mhlden's Tacoma Gallery
Stupid question, I know the value of a trans cooler... What value is the oil cooler, does it really assist the motor? Im in FL, if it is a good value do to all the heat I may be interested in picking this up...
Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhlden View Post
Stupid question, I know the value of a trans cooler... What value is the oil cooler, does it really assist the motor? Im in FL, if it is a good value do to all the heat I may be interested in picking this up...

Well, obviously, an Oil Cooler cools the oil. Cooler oil lasts longer, keeps the "detergent" additives active longer, thereby keeping abrasives (dirt, etc.) suspended longer. This, in turn keeps your engine parts (e.g.-bearing surfaces, etc.) from wearing out. High temperature can "burn" oil and leave deposits exactly where you don't want them.

Don't get me wrong, oil needs to come to "normal" running temp in order to vaporize condensation and therefore avoid the creation of sulfuric-acid. Nothing is worse for an engine than bathing it in acid! An Oil Cooler helps to prevent oil from rising beyond normal temp due to high-demand being placed on the engine (e.g.-Racing, Towing, High-Acceleration, Lengthy Steep-Slopes, Very Hot Weather, etc.).

Hope that helps!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
Does anybody have a pic of this installed? I'd like to see where and what it looks like.

Here ya go...
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Gen. 05-10 Oil Cooler-oilcooler2.jpg   2nd Gen. 05-10 Oil Cooler-oilcooler_1.jpg   2nd Gen. 05-10 Oil Cooler-oilcooler.jpg  
Old 03-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I bought the one in the link. Not sure why the seller hasn't updated his thread. Thanks again for the link billyjoe!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanNinja View Post
I bought the one in the link.
Good for you!

Quote:
Thanks again for the link billyjoe!
You're quite welcome sir.

BTW, you got a smokin' good deal! Let me know if you have any questions about installation. Removing the old Water Inlet casting can be a bit tricky...
Old 03-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Thanks for the offer. I will need it. I do have some really knowledgeable friends that will hopefully help me out. We installed the APR X1 on my truck without issues.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for the offer. I will need it.
Anytime buddy!