Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTT 09 Chrome rear bumper...

Old 03-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
Robocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Robocop's Tacoma Gallery
WTT 09 Chrome rear bumper...

I have a 2009 4x4 with chrome rear factory bumper that has no scratches nor dents....mint condition.

I am looking for a factory base model black bumper in equally good condition if anyone wishes a straight up trade. I would consider a 75 mile drive to meet halfway and I live just outside of Bham Al. (Trussville)

I have blacked out badges on a magnetic gray and the chrome bumper looks out of place....thanks for looking. If anyone would like to contact me by phone send me a PM for the number.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about painting it? Might be less of a hassle than trying to coordinate a swap. Plus, if you just want black it would be really easy to rattle can it out.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a flawless silver one from an '07(assuming they're the same) I'm looking to trade for a chrome one. I live just north of you in Spring Hill, TN, meet ya half way if u want.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
Robocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Robocop's Tacoma Gallery
Dexterdog I have searched all over looking for paint options and have seen some who paint and some who use Line-X or Rhino coatings. The texture is a little odd and the long term durability of painting chrome is usually hard to ensure. If nothing else I may attempt it however as a last resort.

Fireguy I would consider a trade however my truck is magnetic gray and I think the silver would not match. It may however be easier to re-paint so if I do not find something soon I will let you know.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You need to post pics
Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #6

Robocop's Tacoma Gallery
I did not even think to post photos and thanks for the hint.....working on it now.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #7

Robocop's Tacoma Gallery
some quick photos taken tonight.....

Old 03-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy68 View Post
I've got a flawless silver one from an '07(assuming they're the same) I'm looking to trade for a chrome one. I live just north of you in Spring Hill, TN, meet ya half way if u want.
I wish you lived closer. I have chrome and want a silver or black one...
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 AM   #9

Robocop's Tacoma Gallery
I have been stopping to talk with every local Tacoma owner with a black bumper that I see parked. I have seen 4 so far and was planning to just walk up and ask if they may trade for a fancy chrome version. It is amazing to see that each and every one had dents or was just in poor shape....people must really be hard on their rear bumpers around here.

I did have one man offer me a little extra cash to consider his mildly dented bumper. I passed as I really would like a simple bolt on that requires no repairing....still looking.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #10
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
I little sandpaper, can of factory black paint and some clear and there ya have it. I'm just sayin......
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #11
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy68 View Post
I little sandpaper, can of factory black paint and some clear and there ya have it. I'm just sayin......
I've considered this. What do you think about the bed-liner type, textured paint on bumpers?