Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

08 rear diff case for sale

Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
08 rear diff case for sale

Sold!Selling my 08 Differential case w/ limited slip. I put on rear lockers Don't need it anymore. It has about 42K miles on it. Asking $225 OBO. PM me if interested.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Anyone interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleitez View Post
Selling my 08 Differential case w/ limited slip. I put on rear lockers Don't need it anymore. It has about 42K miles on it. Asking $225 OBO. PM me if interested.

I need to get rid of this anyone?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
What locker did you go with?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Arb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylpickel2004 View Post
What locker did you go with?
I went with ARB lockers and 4.56 gears in the front and rear
Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm... I might be interested, I read a little about this, but this will fit in my rear right? SR5 non trd
Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Yes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Yes
so what else would I need to make this work... its a mechanical lsd isn't it?

OP would you concider shipping?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #8
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
how big of a job is this to install in a 2006 SR5 4x4?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
install

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammikm View Post
how big of a job is this to install in a 2006 SR5 4x4?
I didn't do my own but I beleive it's like a 4 hr deal
Old 04-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
so this came off a trd sport? I have a sr5 non trd therefore I don't have a lsd... how much shipped to 93940
Old 04-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
shipping

I didn't see my original post I 'll ship it for $200.00 even. sorry ignore my PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
so this came off a trd sport? I have a sr5 non trd therefore I don't have a lsd... how much shipped to 93940
Old 04-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #12
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
my only concern is that this isnt everything I'm gonna need... minus small odds and ends hardware stuff
Old 04-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
how many miles on the truck?

You might need a new gasket seal to re seal the pumpkin, same ring and pinion if you are not regearing and depending on mileage you might need new bearings. Gasket seal $15 dollars at toyota stealership ring and pinion use your old one, and bearing kit depending if you need complete new bearings in the rear could run you $200 a set but that will depend on how many miles. I've heard both, you should replace once you open up the rear end unless your truck doesn't have many miles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
my only concern is that this isnt everything I'm gonna need... minus small odds and ends hardware stuff
Old 04-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
Any advice is helpful

Anyone here to correct me if I'm wrong?

Quote:
You might need a new gasket seal to re seal the pumpkin, same ring and pinion if you are not regearing and depending on mileage you might need new bearings. Gasket seal $15 dollars at toyota stealership ring and pinion use your old one, and bearing kit depending if you need complete new bearings in the rear could run you $200 a set but that will depend on how many miles. I've heard both, you should replace once you open up the rear end unless your truck doesn't have many miles on it.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #15
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well I only have about 25K on the truck... I also don't plan on regearing.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
is that sold already ?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #17
yes sorry will update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
is that sold already ?
Yes