Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

For Sale: 01 Tacoma

Old 03-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
cashman is on a distinguished road
cashman's Tacoma Gallery
For Sale: 01 Tacoma

I have an 01 extra cab 4x4 60,000miles, diff locker, power windows and locks, v-6 and auto. It's gold with a biege interior. Has a cap, the cap isn't perfect and has a piece of plexiglass were one window was broken. Asking 15,000 obo. I also have an 07 Lincoln MKX and an offbrand 150cc scooter for sale, I can email pics of these.
Attached Thumbnails
For Sale:  01 Tacoma-picture-002.jpg   For Sale:  01 Tacoma-picture-013.jpg   For Sale:  01 Tacoma-picture-008.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I have an 01 extra cab 4x4 60,000miles, diff locker, power windows and locks, v-6 and auto. It's gold with a biege interior. Has a cap, the cap isn't perfect and has a piece of plexiglass were one window was broken. Asking 15,000 obo. I also have an 07 Lincoln MKX and an offbrand 150cc scooter for sale, I can email pics of these.
Not trying to be a jerk or anything but the KBB is around half of your asking price. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
cjh is on a distinguished road
cjh's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded my 01 with 61000 miles on it same as yours but silver. Got $10000 on trade. Dealer was listing it at $13000. I assume they got closer to $12000. You will be lucky to get 10 for it.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh View Post
I just traded my 01 with 61000 miles on it same as yours but silver. Got $10000 on trade. Dealer was listing it at $13000. I assume they got closer to $12000. You will be lucky to get 10 for it.
I wouldn't be so sure on that. I'd give 10 for it tonight! I do think the 15 is a little high, but with the way these things sell I'd be surprised if you couldn't get 12 for it (might want to try eBay if that amount is an option)?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
cashman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Not trying to be a jerk or anything but the KBB is around half of your asking price. Unless I'm missing something.

kbb lists it at 12,500 the obo is there for a reason
Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
cashman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUA View Post
I wouldn't be so sure on that. I'd give 10 for it tonight! I do think the 15 is a little high, but with the way these things sell I'd be surprised if you couldn't get 12 for it (might want to try eBay if that amount is an option)?
I agree that 15 is high, but everybody tries to beat on the other about the price, so why not start high. Thanks for the ebay idea.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree that 15 is high, but everybody tries to beat on the other about the price, so why not start high. Thanks for the ebay idea.
Just an FYI, but you can list it locally on ebay as a "classified ad" for free! You have no interest in a 2009 Corolla S do you? I am currently selling mine and getting a Tacoma. I have signed for a new one at the local dealership but they still aren't sure they'll be able to get me the one I want - I should know today. If they don't get it I may be interested in yours for the right price. PM me for my address, I'd like to see more photos of the interior and such.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Tacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant future
Tacozona's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You are missing something. A 4wd Tacoma Xtra Cab with that kind of mileage is worth 11-12k (minimum). KBB is a joke. NADA is much more accurate. The color isn't the most popular, but I do believe 10k would be a gift/desperation price. The local dealer offered 9k for mine with 123,000 on it. Obviously, regions vary and our area is likely one with a very strong demand. A prerunner would be an entirely different story...

GL with the sale.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
Tacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant future
Quote:
Exactly. Besides, KBB retail is used by banks for negative equity situations. Just another gauge for determining value (one of many). Book values are highly subjective (my opinion). A white truck will always be worth more than a gold truck and the book doesn't factor any of that.

The miles are low and while the asking price is high...you have to start somewhere. People will make an offer if interested.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #10
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacozona View Post
You are missing something. A 4wd Tacoma Xtra Cab with that kind of mileage is worth 11-12k (minimum). KBB is a joke. NADA is much more accurate. The color isn't the most popular, but I do believe 10k would be a gift/desperation price. The local dealer offered 9k for mine with 123,000 on it. Obviously, regions vary and our area is likely one with a very strong demand. A prerunner would be an entirely different story...

GL with the sale.
x100. Regional supply and demand is also a big variable. And KBB says that, too.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry I must have been putting it in wrong. I came up with 8500. Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #12
vicstacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Victor
vicstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
wow why do people try and sell tacomas for so much.. I got mine for $7800. it's only a year older, trd sport sr5 4x4 5 spd
Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicstacoma View Post
wow why do people try and sell tacomas for so much.. I got mine for $7800. it's only a year older, trd sport sr5 4x4 5 spd
I think the most important variable here is the low mileage, I noticed you didn't state yours. I work in finance and certain #'s stick out to a lot of consumers, for example a vehicle with 99,000 miles will often sell for $500 to 1k more than a vehicle with 101,000 miles, something about adding one digit to the total # of miles makes the vehicle less appealing to a lot of people. Also automatics seem to sell quicker and for a little more $$ on the resale market than standards.

Like I stated before, I think the asking price of 15k was high, but if the guy were to take 10 he can call me tonight and I will wire him the money tomorrow and fly to PA and pick up the vehicle mid week! With that said, I think he should hold out and go to eBay or a route like that and likely take home 12-13 grand.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
vicstacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Victor
vicstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well yeah that's a good point. i bought mine with 125k miles which is just a little over twice as many miles as this one has hahaha..
Old 03-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #15
efmugen will become famous soon enough

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
that's 2gen prices
Old 03-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
Quote:
I think the most important variable here is the low mileage, I noticed you didn't state yours. I work in finance and certain #'s stick out to a lot of consumers, for example a vehicle with 99,000 miles will often sell for $500 to 1k more than a vehicle with 101,000 miles, something about adding one digit to the total # of miles makes the vehicle less appealing to a lot of people. Also automatics seem to sell quicker and for a little more $$ on the resale market than standards.

Like I stated before, I think the asking price of 15k was high, but if the guy were to take 10 he can call me tonight and I will wire him the money tomorrow and fly to PA and pick up the vehicle mid week! With that said, I think he should hold out and go to eBay or a route like that and likely take home 12-13 grand.
I agree. Low mileage would command a good price. I think several of us would purchase it sight unseen for 10k. You have to start somewhere with price. 15k isn't that far out of line. Most 1st gen Tacomas have significantly higher mileage and are more difficult to locate with under 75k miles. The market is saturated with 2nd gens. I never see 1st gens on dealer lots for sale. I would think 12-13k is fair.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #18
cashman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just an FYI, this was an 03' I have had my eyes on, on eBay. Apparently someone did the Buy-It-Now in the last 24 hours..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEDWX%3AIT
Thanks, if some bought a 2 wheel drive with 10,000+ more miles for twenty dollars less, granted its 2 years newer, I don't think I'm out of line on my starting price.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #19
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks, if some bought a 2 wheel drive with 10,000+ more miles for twenty dollars less, granted its 2 years newer, I don't think I'm out of line on my starting price.
I can tell you if I were local I would be interested in talking. 2001 would be the year I would be interested in as I'm pretty sure 2001 pre dates ABS and still has the smaller calipers that will allow you to still fit a 15" rim.

I don't know why everyone else is so concerned anyways. You are the seller, and they are not the buyer. I don't really see where its their business where you want to start your asking price?

The US and Canadian dollar is pretty much equal at the moment, and I know that truck would sell for allot more than $15K around here.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #20
cashman's Tacoma Gallery
Sold