Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTS Icon Coilovers 05+ Taco NEED REBUILD $550 shipped

Old 03-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
WTS Icon Coilovers 05+ Taco NEED REBUILD $550 shipped

Icon front coilovers for 2005+ Tacoma

About 40,000 miles on them. Bought in April 2008. Due for a rebuild. Outer coating on springs rubbed off where they hit the TC UCAs on my old truck. Some surface rust.

Icon quotes $80/shock for a rebuild with replacement of shock oil and rubber gaskets. Might need more. Not sure. Besides needing regular maintenance they're in good shape.

New they're $1100/pr. Estimated $200 in maintenance. It's math not rocket surgery, I'm giving these away.

Took my truck back to stock suspension to get them rebuilt and decided I don't want to put them back on. Not gonna pay to rebuild coilovers I don't want to run on my truck anymore. Truck will sit stock til it's paid off. In the meanwhile I need motorcycle money

I'm pressure washing them today so they'll look better. I can ship them out today if you get to me before 2PM. I can get email on my phone so PM me and I'll reply.

$550 shipped, OBO.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Editted with a clean pic. Took some degreaser and got all the road grime off that I could reach. Some residue left from the cleaner but nothing soap and water can't handle.

Price got negotiable. I'll be picking up a bike by the end of the week and if I get some extra money I can buy some better gear. No low balls but right now a good motorcycle jacket and a good helmet is worth more to me than these coilovers. Take advantage and get a great deal.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
LVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LVTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luni View Post
Editted with a clean pic. Took some degreaser and got all the road grime off that I could reach. Some residue left from the cleaner but nothing soap and water can't handle.

Price got negotiable. I'll be picking up a bike by the end of the week and if I get some extra money I can buy some better gear. No low balls but right now a good motorcycle jacket and a good helmet is worth more to me than these coilovers. Take advantage and get a great deal.
Sport bike? I have some barely used Alpinestar SMX boots I'm looking to sell or trade + cash for shocks?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #4

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Dual sport. Need mx gear. We ride a lot of single track down here.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: SERE
Name: Wes
FLAtacoma05's Tacoma Gallery
will 5100s fit on them?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAtacoma05 View Post
will 5100s fit on them?

They are completely different shocks.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow. awesome deal. Wish I had the cash. These are gonna go FASSSST!

I've got nice Alpinestar tech4 boots and a nice HJC helmet though. lol
Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #9

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAtacoma05 View Post
will 5100s fit on them?
One coilover costs more than a whole 5100 lift kit. When you're to po' for long travel or still under warranty you get icons camburgs or saws. With some UCAs its a solid set up. I ran my icons with just tsb springs in the rear and it worked pretty damn good.

I can get these in the ups the day after I receive the monies.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
xh0tsaucex is on a distinguished road
xh0tsaucex's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd!
Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #11

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Replied.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #13
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
right now i have a set of 5100s set at 2.5 on stock coils.. would this give the same amount of lift? Whats the benefits of this vs. 5100s? (if you dont mind my asking)
Actually had 5100s on my truck too, then switched to icon. Much better performance off road: stiffer ride, ability to take bigger hits, etc. You can crank to 3" of lift instead of preloading bilsteins to 2.5 (which ends up smaller than 2.5 anyway).

I would never go back to bilsteins after owning icons.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
If I had the cash right now id be all over these...DAMN i hate bills
Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #15
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
Actually had 5100s on my truck too, then switched to icon. Much better performance off road: stiffer ride, ability to take bigger hits, etc. You can crank to 3" of lift instead of preloading bilsteins to 2.5 (which ends up smaller than 2.5 anyway).

I would never go back to bilsteins after owning icons.
So the stiffer ride is nicer? Good info, exactly what i wanted to know - thanks for the effort!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So the stiffer ride is nicer? Good info, exactly what i wanted to know - thanks for the effort!
Depends on what you are looking for. I prefer more response out of the truck, so it is good by me.

You will notice the difference on road when you brake and the front doesn't dip, less body roll going around turns.

How stiff depends on how high you crank it. Sitting @ 3" your ride will be pretty rough. I took some pretty rough trails the other day in Temecula and the icons took all that I threw at them and did very well.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #17
MGH-PA will become famous soon enough

MGH-PA's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for an awesome deal. I'm tempted, but must resist.

What bike did you end up getting? Do you know of Yanni over on Thumpertalk?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #18
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So the stiffer ride is nicer!
That's what she said
Old 03-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #20

luni's Tacoma Gallery
Money talks and I haven't seen any yet.

Pickin up a 2001 drz 400s with 4100 miles on it, black plastics and spare trail gears this weekend. Still has all the stock parts. Getting some cash off cause it needas a carb rebuild and runs like ass.

Haven't been on thumpertalk yet. Still pokin around advrider.