Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Mirrors

Old 03-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mirrors

I kinda want some color matched mirrors for my offroad any one out there want to trade speedway blue?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If no one takes you up on it (which I doubt anyone will), you could do what I did.

I bought cheap chrome mirror covers off of ebay, and color-matched spray paint off ebay (from seller spraycansunlimited). I sanded the chrome off, sprayed with adhesion promoters and paint, and now I have color-matched mirrors. The whole thing cost $50.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
If no one takes you up on it (which I doubt anyone will), you could do what I did.

I bought cheap chrome mirror covers off of ebay, and color-matched spray paint off ebay (from seller spraycansunlimited). I sanded the chrome off, sprayed with adhesion promoters and paint, and now I have color-matched mirrors. The whole thing cost $50.
i wonder if i can just sand the mirror casing? adviseable? idk
Old 03-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
i wonder if i can just sand the mirror casing? adviseable? idk
Yeah that's why I went with the covers. Was worried I would screw something up.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
mr.ernst is on a distinguished road
Army: Information Systems Analyst
mr.ernst's Tacoma Gallery
I just had my stock mirrors color matched about 2 weeks ago. Pulled them off, just taped up the mirror itself, and the guy color matching my bumpers and fender flares went ahead and sprayed them for me. Came out great, you'd never know they're not from the factory.