Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Four 2nd Gen. Fender Flares & Mud Flaps

Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railwayrog View Post
$400 shipped lower 48.

Bump for a great deal, these things alone cost around $300 a piece!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
BSP?

I might be interested in the. How does it work with putting fender flares on the 2wds? I think I've seen different answers all over the place. I'm currently searching through TW for info on this.

Do they attach nice and clean or would I have to have bolts showings?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
Railwayrog is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired Chief Electricians Mate
Railwayrog's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same truck without flares. They attach by clips that pop into holes in the fender. But on our truck you would have to drill your own holes in the fender in order for the clips to attach. Someone somewhere suggested to glue them on but I'm not sure of that. I just don't have the time and resources anymore so I'm fizzling out on the project.
I know 400 dollars might seem much but shipping is not going to be cheap. I have to ship in two separate boxes.
The other option is putting it on eBay.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to do some more homework on this. I need to see how hard this will be, and quality of the outcome. Does it use bolts + nuts or rivets or what?

edit - and these do fit our wheel wells perfectly? No trimming or anything needed?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
Railwayrog is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired Chief Electricians Mate
Railwayrog's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the only differences are long bed and short bed flares are different.
There are clips that secure it to the fender.
Heck if someone has a simple idea on making it work I might keep them and put them on my truck.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
What size bed did these come off of? I've read that there are differences in size.