Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

I might sell my truck 2008 Tacoma with Goodies

Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
iDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of light
iDRiVaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I might sell my truck 2008 Tacoma with Goodies

I'm not sure if this is the exact spot to post this, but here goes nothing..

I'm thinking about selling my truck and was probably hoping to get at least $30,000 for it. I was wondering if that seems too much for or just right? Kelly Blue Book for Trade in is $24,500 without the extras, Private Party around $26-27k. I basically owe 21k still, through Mission Bank. I'm also wondering if it be better to sell some parts and then sell truck with less on it. Those of you looking for a truck, let me know if what I'm offering sound reasonable.

It almost has 20k miles
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers
Flowmaster 70
AFE Instake
Pioneer Avic-D3
Custom Built sub enclosure w/amp and cap behind rear seat
Icon Front Remote Reservoir Extended Travel Coil Overs
Camburg 1.25" Uniball UCA's
Rear OME Dakar HD Leaf Springs
Rear Icon Remote Reservoir Shocks
Rear Extended Brake lines
Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders
BudBuilt Skids Everywhere
UWS Slim Profile Black Tool Box
255/70R17 Spare BFG Mud Terrain Spare on FJ Cruiser Wheel
285/70R17 BFG Goodrich MUd Terrain KM2 mounted on Pro Comp 7089 Wheels
Fog light Mod
Sirius Radio Unit in Glove Box
Pop n Lock in Tailgate
Amsoil Oil 5W-30 since first Oil Change, changed every 6,000 miles
Amsoil AE Filters, changed every oil change
Exhaust Crossover Pipe Custom Fabricated and moved up for Skid Plate
All-Pro Rear U-Bolt Flip kit
Bed Mat
Black Head light Mod
Body Mount Chopped for tire clearance
Python 990 Remote Start w/2way remote control and 1-mile range

Cosmetic issues,
Light scratches from Brush out in desert
Front bumper, some scratches paint rubbed away
Rear bumper, light scratches, pain rubbed off underneath in one area
Front Fenders from tire contact has rubbed pain away
Front Valence under bumper trimmed for tires
Rear Passenger Taillight is cracked and is chipped, not sure how it happened

Truck runs Smooth, has no Mechanical Issues

Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Man with all those mods on a 08 u should do a private deal and try to get your moneys worth. Badass setup why are u getting rid of it
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
all those mods dont really add up when you go to sell it. It would be nice but probably wont. Your best bet is to sell everything off of it and then sell the truck separetly. I could go to the dealer and get a 2010 taco for probably less that 30k, granted it wont have the mods but im just sayin.

Good looking truck BTW
Old 04-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
iDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of lightiDRiVaTRD is a glorious beacon of light
iDRiVaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Yeah, I would like to go Private, lose way too much trading in. Possibly looking at the 2010 4Runner Trail.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I think you're pretty high, personally. I think you're better off trying to return it to stock as much as possible and sell the other stuff as you can. Your best luck selling everything together will be somewhere like here where people actually know what the stuff is that's on it and how it's been taken care of. A regular guy just looking for a truck will probably see it as a truck that's been modified and he will have some major questions regarding safety, reliability, etc.

I paid $27,000 for my '09 Sport 4x4 short bed in November, with 6,100 miles. Granted, it didn't have the extras yours does, but again, not sure you can add much for those. Just my $0.02.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Its going to be hard to get the price of a brand new truck out of a 2-3 yearl old truck no matter whats on it. Don't forget the buyer still haves to pay 8.75% tax on it. Part all the mods out then sell the truck.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
Sell all the aftermaket stuff u can. Then try to sell it, ull never be able to get that much money for it the way it is....
Old 04-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamo23 View Post
Sell all the aftermaket stuff u can. Then try to sell it, ull never be able to get that much money for it the way it is....
X2, I sold my 2010 trd double cab 4x4 fully loaded for that price. Good luck with your sale though!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
jdtrd is on a distinguished road
jdtrd's Tacoma Gallery
I'd think you could get around 27k for it as is in CO. Yeah, you could part it out but if you can be patient I'd think you'd find the buyer that wants that set up and is willing to pay blue book plus 50% of the parts you have into it. It'd make sense for me...especially if I was going to build it similar. Seems like there's plenty of meatheads like us out there that want a set up like that. Yeah it's nice to build it yourself but it's mo money and takes time. My 2cents
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
dlthunder has a spectacular aura aboutdlthunder has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dan
dlthunder's Tacoma Gallery
Dibs if you part out!!! I will even throw in the stock shocks if you need them :-).

Icon Front Remote Reservoir Extended Travel Coil Overs
Rear Icon Remote Reservoir Shocks
BudBuilt Skids Everywhere
Old 04-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
If you part it I would like to buy the colormatched grill!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit I would love to do all that with my truck! that sucks you've got to sell it! so... x2 what everyone else said. it sure seems like you wont get the value of your parts more than 50%...(maybe?) but what I would do is total up your receipts of things you can even remove, and see if that is more value than, say selling it for ~27k- ish... or what ever you decide.
you know we'll all help vulture the shit out of your parts and like it was stated above, prolly even trade you the parts you would need to then sell it relatively stock... if you got the time to do that.
so umm, back to the 'vulching' ... I personally need (f'n everything) but sliders and dakar leafs are at the top of my list. oh yeah and those are flippin wicked wheels!!! hope it works out for you! :]
Old 04-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
As it has already been stated try to sell off all the add on mods that you can. You could even work out deals to get stock parts back if you still don't have them. It really depends if you are willing to put in the work to get more money out of the deal.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #16
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take the BHLM and give you the normal factoryones
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
i'll buy the UCAs from you
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
i would also be interested in the rims. if you wanted to sell them or take my sport rims + cash?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #19
TacomaLove will become famous soon enoughTacomaLove will become famous soon enough
Name: Brent
TacomaLove's Tacoma Gallery
factory for BHLM ^^ ill pay for your shipping
Old 04-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I'd pick up the toolbox from you if you wanted to part and sold it at a good price.