Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB:Overhead console with instrument panel

Old 04-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
pepper is on a distinguished road
pepper's Tacoma Gallery
WTB:Overhead console with instrument panel

Looking for a overhead console with the instrument panel. Needs to be the tan color. My truck is a '10 model so it would need to fit that. Thank you for your time.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with that, you can only use one from a 09-10. The people that have them don't want to get rid of them, and on ebay from LKQ they usually go for 300 and up.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
The other problem is that the console with computer only came on the TRD models, and those models did not have the tan interior option for 09+. That is my understanding anyway.

If true, you're only color matched option is to add the comp into your exisiting tan overhead console. Haven't heard anyone who's done this yet though, I've thought about it, but haven't found a reasonably priced donor.

Another thought is get a grey console, then paint it (black, tan, neon pink.....).

If you find another method, I'd be interested.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
joehotwrench is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Fighter Aircraft Mechanic
Name: Joe
joehotwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Your correct! I have a 2010 with tan interior and been researching this for some time now and they only came in gray. there is one on ebay for $139.00 right now.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
TerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTerryS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Terry
TerryS's Tacoma Gallery
I've been searching for one too, but in gray. Couldn't find the one you mentioned on eBay though. Can they be purchased from the dealer, or is it a part they won't order?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #6
Yes they can be purchased from the dealer for upwards of $900.00 for the complete unit. or the temp/ compass module for $278.00 @ the dealer. The ebay unit has sence been sold. sorry.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
The other problem is that the console with computer only came on the TRD models, and those models did not have the tan interior option for 09+. That is my understanding anyway.

If true, you're only color matched option is to add the comp into your exisiting tan overhead console. Haven't heard anyone who's done this yet though, I've thought about it, but haven't found a reasonably priced donor.
Not true. to find out if you have the ability to run the console using stock wiring check to see if you have the wire/plug for the temp sensor in front of the grill. (click my How To link below for pictures) However it did only come in gray.. so if you have tan interior you'll have a gray console. No one ever notices mine however.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #8
Yep your right the console for this option only comes in gray. The module will fit in the sunglass style console but without the unit being completly consealed for a real stock/clean look. I did however find a small gauge from Dokota industries that has a compass & temp together for $298.00. this companys products are very high quality as I've used them on my Harleys. The gauge is "2 1/16 dia and looks real clean, going to install it just below the air duct on center console, I'm going that route. Not giving toyota $900+ for a gray unit.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
dakota digital makes a rear view mirror with compass/temp gauge built in for like $225. cheaper and easier than mounting a gauge in the dash.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_e View Post
dakota digital makes a rear view mirror with compass/temp gauge built in for like $225. cheaper and easier than mounting a gauge in the dash.
Not an option for us with the rear view camera.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #11
Yeah I saw that but I dont want to loose my back-up camera thats why I'm going the other route. Now if someone out there makes a mirror with the camera, Temp, & compass, that would be the deal.