Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Bike Rack Fab Wanted

Old 04-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bike Rack Fab Wanted

Hey......so im getting ready for my first full bike season with my tacoma and i wanted a sweet rack setup.......so i found this online id seen it a couple years ago in a bike magazine but didnt have a purpose......unfortunately the company sierra coast racks has gone under however would pay cash money for this rack so if anyone is capable of fabing something similar i would be down
Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
i don't think that'd work....unless you had a bed extender, the bikes wouldn't fit standing up like that
Old 04-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
i saw some guy make one out of PVC pipe..it looked really sturdy too..he had 3 DH bikes in it too...it was simmilar to what u have pictured, but he used tie-downs to keep it in place.

i wish i got a better look at it. im gunna try and build one lol
Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekAV View Post
i saw some guy make one out of PVC pipe..it looked really sturdy too..he had 3 DH bikes in it too...it was simmilar to what u have pictured, but he used tie-downs to keep it in place.

i wish i got a better look at it. im gunna try and build one lol
i have the directions for that one its what i used to use it just sometimes finagles the rear brake but no biggie
Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
i don't think that'd work....unless you had a bed extender, the bikes wouldn't fit standing up like that
i do bed extender mx that is longer than a regular one for moto bikes
Old 04-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #6

Bump!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
i do bed extender mx that is longer than a regular one for moto bikes
okay then that should work fine
Old 04-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #8

tell me pm me something me
Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
shift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to behold
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
Depends on what type of bike. An XC bike will fit, an All mountain or DH/Freeride bike probably wouldn't.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift96 View Post
Depends on what type of bike. An XC bike will fit, an All mountain or DH/Freeride bike probably wouldn't.
my 18 inch won't fit in my short bed with the wheels on. that's what i initially thought, that he didn't have a bed extender
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
shift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to beholdshift96 is a splendid one to behold
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
Oh short bed. I missed that. I have a regular Xtended cab with a 6' bed
Old 04-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
here are some pictures, its not done yet i still need to add the third rack in the middle and then clean it up and paint it.
if your interested in fabing tell me
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
Yea for sure, let me just finish mine in the next couple of days and we'll see how it turns out
I would pay for one of those too. Definitely. Let me know if you're interested in making me one also!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #14
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
What about just throwing a shipping blanket over the tailgate and then put the bikes facing the back and hang the front tires over the gate and turn them sideways. I dont have any pictures but this is how my brother and his friends haul their bikes all the time with no problems. They go from LA to Mammoth and Tahoe with the bikes like that.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #15
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
Something like this

Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #16
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
that scratched the hell out of tailgate if u dont cover it perfectly
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #17
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've seen thatbut personally not digging it. Not sure if that is for just shuttling up the mountian. Not sure how it would do on the hightway ay 70mph with a single bike
Old 04-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
fixedforbroke is an unknown quantity at this point

fixedforbroke's Tacoma Gallery
What i did was took some pressure treated 8x2 and cut it to length accross the two wheel wells. they have a recessed area that a board fits perfectly into. then i got some stainless hardware and bolted some of these http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...r.aspx?sc=FRGL to it. I have carried 3 of every kind of bike immaginable with my short bed and all i have to do is let the tail gate down. Its a really nice system.

if youre interested PM me for pics... im awful at explaining things.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #19
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
I just use a dakine truck pad. Bikes stay there fine for around town or shuttling downhill runs. On the highway I usually just throw a tie down over them all. At only $70 its a pretty cheap way to do it.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #20
shift96's Tacoma Gallery
I used those in the past but I have a 25mm Thru axle on my AM bike and taking the wheel off and on doesn't make sense. Takes too long. Actually, having used those little doodads for years I don't like take the wheel off unless I have a flat to fix or service the fork