Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Retro Grill Service

Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Retro Grill Service

I have decided to start a service for building the retro grill that I have on my truck, that I put together by trying to duplicate the 2008 SEMA Tacoma.

Enough time has passed since building mine to see that it holds up just fine through off road and daily driving.

Since it would take a few days to complete, I would recommend ordering a grill and sending it to me, unless you already have an extra. I was thinking of charging $175 to start off with. Does everyone think that that is a fair price? The supplies don't cost a lot, but it's mostly the hours that I have to put in to make it.

I don't have a picture yet, because the weather has been bad, but I have a painted red emblem on the bottom right corner of mine. I can do this for anyone who wants it, and paint it if they would like or leave it chrome.

I don't know how to do color match yet, but if someone has a color matched grill, I will take care of the existing paint. Mine was chrome, and then I painted it black.

Post here if you would like one!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'd admire your creativity, maybe its the pictures but the bars look crooked
Old 04-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Its A Great Idea But It Needs To Be Cleaner Looking Before You Start Doing Peoples Shiz This Is Only My Thoughts!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
I'd admire your creativity, maybe its the pictures but the bars look crooked
Thanks!
I have noticed in the pictures it looks just a wee bit crooked, but in person it looks fine.....dunno
Old 04-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'd work on making it a whole lot cleaner looking before selling for $175. but a good idea.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Its A Great Idea But It Needs To Be Cleaner Looking Before You Start Doing Peoples Shiz This Is Only My Thoughts!
is there an app for caping every word? otherwise, how fast can you type doing that?!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Yeah I'd work on making it a whole lot cleaner looking before selling for $175. but a good idea.
dont mean to sound harsh, but i too agree w/ the above posts. work on smoothing out the transitions around where the pieces cross and such.

but once you get all that figured out, i really do like this grill!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Not your average girl

Like more sanding? I have done that on mine, but I just haven't been able to get pics up yet...
Old 04-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Post the pics so we can see! You obviously put some good time and effort so showcase it. I bet if you got all the joints nice and clean you'd have some business.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=yosh2000;1637219]is there an app for caping every word? otherwise, how fast can you type doing that?!!

I Know I Am A Freak About That Cap Thing I Can Type Very Fast My Girl And Friends Say I Am A Freak HAHA I Think Its Cool Maybe Alittle OCD!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
its not cool!! its really lame actually haha!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Either way I think its cool that you are customizing your truck this way, and being a woman that likes her truck enough to do it makes it even cooler.

Put up the most recent pic you have of it.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Either way I think its cool that you are customizing your truck this way, and being a woman that likes her truck enough to do it makes it even cooler.

Put up the most recent pic you have of it.
Thanks.....it was three days of morning to night work

The computer with my pictures has a virus . And I have to work all day tomorrow, so pics will be soon I hope
Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #13

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
its not cool!! its really lame actually haha!
HAHA Speak Your Mind HAHA X10
Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
id buy one, just refine it a little, and id have to save up for the grille and the service
Old 04-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
intense is on a distinguished road

Army: 82nd Airborne / Ranger
intense's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like rocks and other debris could easily enter such a large opening, like the design but will keep the grillcraft.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #16
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Truth be told... I'm much more interested in those headlights!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
Save the manuals!
darcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud of
darcivic00si's Tacoma Gallery
More pics of the more refined version please! If you can make a super smooth version, I'd buy one! I like how it looks tough, some of the other grills look to fancy.

I haven't been able to decide which grill I want. I don't like the satoshi and have been thinking about a black billet but am not sold on it.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Truth be told... I'm much more interested in those headlights!
Hers or the trucks?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by intense View Post
Looks like rocks and other debris could easily enter such a large opening, like the design but will keep the grillcraft.
Wouldn't be hard to put a satoshi mesh behind it. Don't know how it'd look though.
Either way I think it's cool. Something different.
I'm finally working on my satoshi (in my spare time) so it'll be a while before I decide to do anything different probably.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Its different...Tommy likey...Tommy want wingy