Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB TRD Skid Plate - Where to buy?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
MadManTaco has a spectacular aura aboutMadManTaco has a spectacular aura about

MadManTaco's Tacoma Gallery
WTB TRD Skid Plate - Where to buy?

Anyone got a TRD Skid plate for sale or know where a good place to buy one new from for a good price? I found one on ebay brand new for about $200 shipped??

Thanks!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
trdparts4u.com has it for $165 + shipping

http://trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodVi...product=285525
Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Actually, I just saw that you're from CA.

1sttoyotaparts.com has it for $168 + shipping, and they're in Washington, so shipping will be cheaper than trdparts4u (Dallas)

https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/produ...oducts_id=2155
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManTaco View Post
Anyone got a TRD Skid plate for sale or know where a good place to buy one new from for a good price? I found one on ebay brand new for about $200 shipped??

Thanks!!
They are going to be around that price brand new unfortunately. I also got mine off of Ebay brand new but I think I paid like $165 shipped or something around there. This was almost 2 years ago though.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
pay the extra $100 and get something that will hold up to more than speed bumps and bumps, the TRD plate is thin aluminum that bends and dents very easily.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
pay the extra $100 and get something that will hold up to more than speed bumps and bumps, the TRD plate is thin aluminum that bends and dents very easily.
I will sell you my stock skid! Now granted it is only usefull in the mall parking lot ( ok so I really have not tested it but I am sure its great for curbs at less than 2 mph) Check out the armor teck one, hopefully we can get his group buy going and get it for a little less than 289. But think what it would cost if you land on your oil pan!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
n00b

Quote:
true but it does help a little.

I was in the middle of a 3 car accident and my TRD skid plate got all bent up from hitting the car in front of me. The black OEM skid plate underneathe didn't get compromised at all.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
SilveredTaco is on a distinguished road
SilveredTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What (dyfuntnlretard) said and may check out Metalmiller and get a custom one done. Ultimately it is your choice, but would you rather go with the more practical approach and something that worth the $$$ of spending and piece of mind.
Good Luck.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so its better than I thought... Glad it helped.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
Ok so its better than I thought... Glad it helped.
yeah it helped, but I have to admit, I initially got it mostly for looks.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
not to thread jack but what size are the rear bolt on the trd skidplate? i know the front are 8mm, and if i cant find the right bolts mine might be for sale
Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
I'll sell you mine for 150 local pick up.
Where are you located?

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where are you located?

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!
Riverside, could arrange a mid point.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #15

Yeah, id rather get something thats going to hold up even if its going to cost a bit more. Ill look into an aftermarket one. Im going to get the Avid front bumper bar.... maybe I can have someone custom fab something for that.... anyone done that yet?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah, id rather get something thats going to hold up even if its going to cost a bit more. Ill look into an aftermarket one. Im going to get the Avid front bumper bar.... maybe I can have someone custom fab something for that.... anyone done that yet?
I havent seen anything custom fabed for the Avid bar but I know Brandon did have to make mine a little different to clear the TRD skidplate and it worked out perfect!!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I havent seen anything custom fabed for the Avid bar but I know Brandon did have to make mine a little different to clear the TRD skidplate and it worked out perfect!!

Thanks! That looks clean!!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Thanks! That looks clean!!
Yeah no problem. Yeah the TRD skidplate isnt the toughest one out there but for my application, it works out just fine and its mostly for looks as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is for aerodynamics and a particular water spray pattern going thru puddles