Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Looking for white hood with scoop ( trades and cash)

Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for white hood with scoop ( trades and cash)

I know this is a longggg shot but worth a try. Anyone willing to trade their white hood with scoop? I'd be willing to trade my hood, OEM tube steps, extra white fenders, and a trd skidplate. All this to trade hoods or maybe another route.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
certifit.com, i got mine from there and it turned out great..the hood was only 89 bucks and scoop parts were 120 shipped...check it out in my photos..
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer that your aren't closer, I'd almost consider it if you weren't in NM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
JakesTRD is a glorious beacon of lightJakesTRD is a glorious beacon of lightJakesTRD is a glorious beacon of lightJakesTRD is a glorious beacon of lightJakesTRD is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jacob
JakesTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man, definitely go with certifit, I was trying to make the same trade for a while not many willing to give up the scoop. The hood was $90 and the insert parts I got for like $115. Kinda crazy the insert was more $$$ than the hood. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
That does look clean. How much was the paint job?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Can you tell a difference in quality between the stock hood and the certi-fit? Is the certi-fit made from thinner metal?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #11
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Can you tell a difference in quality between the stock hood and the certi-fit? Is the certi-fit made from thinner metal?

no, i couldnt tell at all. the hood felt just strong as the stock one did.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK View Post
What other ideas you have in regards to the swap? Any chance of a Volant intake

http://www.volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=460

Also what year and condition is your non scooped hood?

Sounding like I should just buy a certifit non scooped hood and get it painted.

PK
The Volant scoop mounts to the top of the core support not the scoop for the hood.

The stock scoop is too low to sure any real function. Most people want them for looks and they do look badass.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man looks like im gonna have to go with certifit i dont have one near me tho closest one is colorado or arizona it looks like. my hoods in good condition theres one small scratch u cant notice and if u put touch up paint and buff itll be gone thats all i got for trade and some cash
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The Volant scoop mounts to the top of the core support not the scoop for the hood.

The stock scoop is too low to sure any real function. Most people want them for looks and they do look badass.
Yes, and a while back I thought it did fit the oem scoop.

I would prefer to get rid of the scoop style hood, run a regular hood and mod the oem airbox to work with the Volant scoop.

As for the function of the scoop on an oem hood, yes the ram air effect is nil. But if it were opened up to function, in dry climates it would give adequate cool air at least as good as oem at low speeds, or pulling away from a stop.

PK