Notices

WTT: my chrome rear bumper and/or grille for your painted ones

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
BIG EYE is on a distinguished road

Name: David
BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
WTT: my chrome rear bumper for your painted one

Looking for a Indigo Ink rear bumper to trade for my chrome one

Mine is stock and in great condition. I am in San Diego and am willing to meet up within reasonable distance to make the trade.

this is the only pic i have of it. They are from the day i got the truck

Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck to you.

I ended up buying a color-matched grill from TRDparts4u and a black rear bumper from toyota parts barn. Cost about $400 shipped for both. I can get you the part numbers if you like.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #3

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Good luck to you.

I ended up buying a color-matched grill from TRDparts4u and a black rear bumper from toyota parts barn. Cost about $400 shipped for both. I can get you the part numbers if you like.
Good looking out. I am going to wait it out for someone to trade for as long as possible...hopefully there is someone out there that wants the chrome stuff....
Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #4

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
anyone out there want chrome???
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
sent you a PM
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
If you want it bad enough and your heart is pure, miracles do happen. It took quite a bit of patience, but was able to find color-matched stuff to replace my chrome. It wasn't a straight-up trade... had to buy the color-matched then sell the chrome, but still.

Bump, and good luck wishes to you.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #7

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
If you want it bad enough and your heart is pure, miracles do happen. It took quite a bit of patience, but was able to find color-matched stuff to replace my chrome. It wasn't a straight-up trade... had to buy the color-matched then sell the chrome, but still.

Bump, and good luck wishes to you.

I know this may be a long shot, but i am keeping my fingers crossed. I may resort to buying painted stuff and selling my chrome.....

Has anyone ever painted their chrome grille and/or bumper? Can you paint over the chrome?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
There are some threads about painting those parts. If you search you'll find some good write-ups. I don't think you're going to find a way to paint the bumper and have it look anything but shitty. You'd be better off selling yours and spending money on a new (or TW-member-owned) one. The grill can be painted fairly easily.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #9

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
thanks...i'll do some searching...
Old 04-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
There are some threads about painting those parts. If you search you'll find some good write-ups. I don't think you're going to find a way to paint the bumper and have it look anything but shitty. You'd be better off selling yours and spending money on a new (or TW-member-owned) one. The grill can be painted fairly easily.
X2. There is a good number of people on here that have painted their chrome grill successfully and they came out great! Havent heard to much about rear chrome bumpers being painted though.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #11

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up the supplies to paint my grille, so hopefully i can make time to do it this weekend, and it comes out good.

Still need to trade bumpers though!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Are you coming to the Fiesta Island meet up tomorrow?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
deadphish28 is a jewel in the roughdeadphish28 is a jewel in the roughdeadphish28 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tim
deadphish28's Tacoma Gallery
good luck- looking to do the same thing- cant stand the chrome!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #14

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Are you coming to the Fiesta Island meet up tomorrow?
I didn't know about it. My truck is all clean and everything
Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #15

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Still looking to trade my chrome bumper with your Indigo Ink bumper.....someone........anyone?????
Old 05-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #16
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a white grille for $175 shipped brand new... there's a thread in the classifieds section about it.

I'll try to sell my chrome grille once the white one shows up. Here's hoping!

I wonder if you can Rhino-line a chrome bumper?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #17

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
I just purchased a white grille for $175 shipped brand new... there's a thread in the classifieds section about it.

I'll try to sell my chrome grille once the white one shows up. Here's hoping!

I wonder if you can Rhino-line a chrome bumper?

I saw a thread for a painted grille, but it said they where not shipping anymore, so i bought paint and painted it myself. It came out ok, but i need to re-do.
The bumper can no doubt be Rhino-lined...no sure how great it would turn out, and i would like one that is color matched like the TRD sport ones...
Old 05-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #18

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Still looking for a painted bumper
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #19

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG EYE View Post
Still looking for a painted bumper