Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Factory Fog Switch

Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Factory Fog Switch

Just like the title says... anyone have one of these lying around?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I went out to our dealer the other day to ask about one. I'd like one to use with my PIAA's and I about fell over. He told me that they would order it and that the price was $50.48. I said forget that!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjohn View Post
I went out to our dealer the other day to ask about one. I'd like one to use with my PIAA's and I about fell over. He told me that they would order it and that the price was $50.48. I said forget that!!!

Exactly... and that is why I am here. Dealer cost on this part is $35+, which is still absolutely rediculous.

If someone has a used one even, I'd be so happy to take it off of your hands!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
sikshan is the ebay seller. You can get them for about 20 bucks, just keep an eye out because they go up for sale randomly. Last sold was may 12. Thats how i got my oem switch.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
If your referring to the factory fog light switch in the 2nd generation trucks the thing is pretty much useless due to it not lighting up so you can tell if the lights are on or off when in use during the day. I have a set of Piaa lights that came with a switch (actually lights up) and it's mounted with the double back tape it came with...has held in place for 3 years now and looks great. It doesn't fit into the switch opening (I don't have any blank one's on my Offroad.)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
If your referring to the factory fog light switch in the 2nd generation trucks the thing is pretty much useless due to it not lighting up so you can tell if the lights are on or off when in use during the day. I have a set of Piaa lights that came with a switch (actually lights up) and it's mounted with the double back tape it came with...has held in place for 3 years now and looks great. It doesn't fit into the switch opening (I don't have any blank one's on my Offroad.)
Yeah, 2nd gen would be preferrable.

Actually, my Fog switch lights up at night. Yours should too, unless it's not hooked to power.

Funny thing is, I have an Offroad, but I still have 3 blanks open. I don't have the downhill assist, RSCA, etc.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Yeah, 2nd gen would be preferrable.

Actually, my Fog switch lights up at night. Yours should too, unless it's not hooked to power.

Funny thing is, I have an Offroad, but I still have 3 blanks open. I don't have the downhill assist, RSCA, etc.
Yes, the fog light switch lights up with the rest of the instrument panel, but nothing to let you know weather the fog lights are actually on or off (during day light hours.) On the Piaa switch it lights up red for off and green for on.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Yes, the fog light switch lights up with the rest of the instrument panel, but nothing to let you know weather the fog lights are actually on or off (during day light hours.) On the Piaa switch it lights up red for off and green for on.
If you really wanted that option you can pop open the oem switch and add another LED so the switch changes colors when the lights are on. I think the DIY is on TTORA.

Personally, i purchased OEM lights, therefore i want an OEM switch. Just me though.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
If you really wanted that option you can pop open the oem switch and add another LED so the switch changes colors when the lights are on. I think the DIY is on TTORA.

Personally, i purchased OEM lights, therefore i want an OEM switch. Just me though.
Hey, that's an interesting point.

I would like my switch to look stock, but if I could get a different color out of it when the lights are on, that's very important as well.

Then again, I'm guessing that it'd be hard to forget that you have the offroad lights on.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta bump it up, because you never know...
Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #13
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody look into these switches I found over on the 4Runner site or what would need done to work in our trucks.

Switch PN: http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1971
Connector PN: PT297-35070-SH

And for reference, here is what each wire should be hooked up to:
Pin 1 (Red w/ Blue) : Illumination Power for "Lights On" indicator light
Pin 2 (Black): Ground for Illumination circuit
Pin 3 (Green w/ purple): Switch Power (12V Supply)
Pin 4 (Red w/ green): Line Out to Relay
Pin 5 (Grey): Ground for Backlit Illumination Circuit
Pin 6 (Purple): Illumination Power for Backlight
Old 05-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #14
wcm608 will become famous soon enoughwcm608 will become famous soon enough

wcm608's Tacoma Gallery
^ I used that one for my heated mirrors. There is also a wiring harness that
goes with that and then takes you into the $70+ range.

update - just saw the connector part # listed above.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
You can get the oem switch for reasonable price as was said. The ridiculous part IMO is paying 34.00 for the 4 little pigtail wires and the plastic connector they go in so you plug in your aftermarket wiring harness for the lights because your truck wasn't already wired for fogs. Fixin to have to do the same again to wire the Hella 500s with 3000k HIDs going in them to my 2nd oem fog switch. Got the lights, switch, harness but needing the pigtails and connector again.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #16
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that you can simply solder the wires to the back of the switch... which is probably what I will do. It doesn't bother me how it's connected, but I'd like to "see" a factory look when I look at the dash.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #17
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke View Post
Anybody look into these switches I found over on the 4Runner site or what would need done to work in our trucks.

Switch PN: http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1971
Connector PN: PT297-35070-SH

And for reference, here is what each wire should be hooked up to:
Pin 1 (Red w/ Blue) : Illumination Power for "Lights On" indicator light
Pin 2 (Black): Ground for Illumination circuit
Pin 3 (Green w/ purple): Switch Power (12V Supply)
Pin 4 (Red w/ green): Line Out to Relay
Pin 5 (Grey): Ground for Backlit Illumination Circuit
Pin 6 (Purple): Illumination Power for Backlight

Wait, so this switch is lit when not in use, and lit with the indicator light when activated?

I like it!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #18
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the FJ aux light swith has an LED indication, I have swapped my stock tacoma one with this to allow me to see when its on.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #20
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
Yes, the FJ aux light swith has an LED indication, I have swapped my stock tacoma one with this to allow me to see when its on.
So is this a just plug and play or do any additional wiring need to be done. Cause you may be costing me more money