1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FEELER/WTT: Non-Scoop Hood for Scooped...

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by excalis, May 18, 2010.

1. May 18, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    excalis

excalis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Would like to trade my Black Sand Pearl Non-Scooped hood for one that is scooped of the same color. My hood is in very good condition with no chips or deep scratches. It has faint scratches for when I used the wrong type of wash cloth but you cannot see them unless you are at certain angles with the light and close up eyballing it.

They are only in one small area, for the most part the hood is like new. I can do without the scoop just would be cool to have a different look, I know some folks do not like the fake scoop, I would not mind it.

I am in the San Angelo, Tx area, Let me know if interested, I can go as far as San Antonio, Dallas, maybe even Corpus Christi, I know folks in those locations so would just be a road trip for me :)

[​IMG]

I will post a more current pic later today. Thanks!

2. May 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    oh, gotta love the trade hood posts...even w/ a scratched hood....bump for a near impossible trade...!!

FYI, might want to throw some money into the trade, or just check out certifit for scooped hoods, many members are getting them cheap nowdays from them...

3. May 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    excalis

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I may check them out, not really to worried about getting one. Just figured if someone wanted to trade I would, they may have a scratched scooped hood to trade for my scratched non-scooped :p

I think some folks have traded up, some like the scoop some don't I guess. :)

4. May 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    yea, i know if i ever got a sport, i would trade, those scoops are worthless IMHO, just block your view of the road...

5. May 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    excalis

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Hey, I did check out that Certifit place you mentioned, both panels are the same price there. And you are right they are not to expensive either. I will see what happens, thanks for the info on that, if I don't find a trade I may buy one later.

Thanks!

6. May 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    twr437

twr437 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 LB
    nerf bars, bed cover, husky liners, Icon coilovers, LR UCA, rear 5100s, TSB AAL, diff drop, carrier baring drop, axel shims, AFE pro dry filter, BHLM, mesh grill, Black emblems,
    I am from San Angelo, lived there for 23 yrs. I currently reside in east Texas, but make a trip to SA at least once every 2 months to see family. I was just happy to see a fellow San Angeloan......good luck with the hood.

7. May 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I think they come unpainted, so you'd still have to drop $$$ in to paint it.

8. May 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    excalis

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    ugh!

9. May 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    excalis

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Hey there! Thanks for posting, good to hear from someone from the ole hometown! I have been here since '94, I love this place, not to big or to small, just right :)

Products Discussed in

To Top