LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTT - Thule XK1 adapter for 2005+ Tacoma

Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Chyzmo is on a distinguished road
Chyzmo's Tacoma Gallery
WTT - Thule XK1 adapter for 2005+ Tacoma

I am looking to trade the Thule XK1 adapters for a 2005+ tacoma for the original mounting hardware that comes with racks that can use the XK1. This would include models like the Thule XSportster. I bought a rack used, was told the kit had what it needed, and was disapointed when I got home and couldn't put it on.

Thanks,
Walker
Attached Thumbnails
WTT - Thule XK1 adapter for 2005+ Tacoma-xk1.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Chyzmo's Tacoma Gallery
Added Picture

Here is an actual picture of the adapters. Looking to trade, or if you happen to already have the adapters, I really just need the original hardware.

Thanks,
Walker
Attached Thumbnails
WTT - Thule XK1 adapter for 2005+ Tacoma-thule-xk1-adpaters-small-.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
douggytundra will become famous soon enoughdouggytundra will become famous soon enough

douggytundra's Tacoma Gallery
Rack

I am getting ready to buy the rack so you don't need the tacoma parts and want the factory universal thule parts???? Correct
Old 05-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the universal mounting parts if anyone needs them.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Chyzmo's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't have any success at the time when I was trying to mount the rack, so I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the individual parts straight from Thule. That was a poor experience.

They don't have a parts kit, so you have to buy everything individually. Just to replace the original mounting hardware was on the plus side of $150. I ended up paying more for the used rack then and mounting hardware than I would have for a new one, and at least in my truck with a liner in it, the racks won't lock into the lowest position. If you are trying to mount them with a bedliner in place it can be very frustrating because the pieces don't lock together, and if you don't get the channel in there just right it can inside the liner.

For what it is worth, if I were doing it again I would more than likely go Yakima rather than Thule.

Walker
Old 05-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold
Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain on not being able to put the rack supports all the way down. I have an 09 dc short bed and had to cut the bottom half of the supports. It sucked having to cut up my brand new $540 rack but I had to do it. I'm using mine as a mount for my RTT and awning.