Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Black Tacoma Badges??? Help!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
Maintenance Man has a spectacular aura aboutMaintenance Man has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
Maintenance Man's Tacoma Gallery
Black Tacoma Badges??? Help!

Does anyone know where I can find Black Tacoma Badges for my 2005 ?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Diy

you don't buy them, you paint them yourself

just take a blow dryer and use it along with some fishing string or dental floss to remove them.

Paint with black paint

replace on vehicle with 3M double sided mounting tape.

Voila! Black Badges
Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Maintenance Man has a spectacular aura aboutMaintenance Man has a spectacular aura about
I figured most just paint them, just never painted chrome before. Probably just need to sand them down a bit, primer them, then paint black?

that sound about right?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Sure use 400-600 grit, clean with paint thinner etc, tack cloth it, prime it, tack cloth it, prime it, do (2) final coats.

Or just clean them and spray some bedliner on them.

Bedliner would look pretty darn good! might look into that...thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
......$45 and mine could be yours
thanks but Ill try mine first.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Maintenance Man, looks like you found time to do the badges, I guess the grillcraft project is next? lol.. After sanding to get the gloss off, I recommend getting Adhesion Promoter. It is a clear base primer that really helps with the final coat stick. I used it on painting my grille and no chips or peeling so far.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattapunk View Post
Hey Maintenance Man, looks like you found time to do the badges, I guess the grillcraft project is next? lol.. After sanding to get the gloss off, I recommend getting Adhesion Promoter. It is a clear base primer that really helps with the final coat stick. I used it on painting my grille and no chips or peeling so far.

I still ended up doing the easy route for now, I had a job cancel on me. I just semi de-badged my truck. probably keep it like that for awhile. But, i will keep the adhesive primer in mind...thanks