1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rec Rac Mountain Bike Rack for Bed 05+

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by kdiddy, May 26, 2010.

1. May 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    kdiddy

kdiddy [OP] New Member

Member:
    I'm using a Snugtop tonneau on my 09 DC SB, and I can't use these now. They work great when you've got an open bed, especially a long bed. They'll work with a short bed if you use the fork attachment on the front. It helps stabilize the bike, since just using the fork attachment let's the bike wander all over the bed.

You can also use substitute the D-rings for the bike mount rods and have tie down - and I found the eyelet bolt that locks it to the rails also makes a good tie down point too. Includes a cable lock that threads through the eyelet bolt, but I don't totally trust a cable lock in theft prone Los Angeles. Fine for gas stations though.

Go to Recrac.com for more details, I'll sell mine for $40 plus shipping. It looks like they changed the design for the Tacoma's slightly, but I never had any issues with mine, it worked great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is with the D-Ring substituted. The new design doesn't offer this.

[​IMG]

2. May 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Any pics of this installed? Or in use?

3. May 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    kdiddy

kdiddy [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just searched my computer - couldn't find any. I had them on my truck for about 2 months, then got the tonneau. I wasn't thinking about selling them at some later date. And other than the rec racs, the truck was stock and not worth shooting pictures of.

I would go to RecRac.com and look at the pictures. The tacoma version is a little different now, but I can't really tell if it's an improvement, it just seems like the rods are higher and there's no D-ring capability.

Products Discussed in

To Top