Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Rec Rac Mountain Bike Rack for Bed 05+

Old 05-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
kdiddy is on a distinguished road
kdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Rec Rac Mountain Bike Rack for Bed 05+

I'm using a Snugtop tonneau on my 09 DC SB, and I can't use these now. They work great when you've got an open bed, especially a long bed. They'll work with a short bed if you use the fork attachment on the front. It helps stabilize the bike, since just using the fork attachment let's the bike wander all over the bed.

You can also use substitute the D-rings for the bike mount rods and have tie down - and I found the eyelet bolt that locks it to the rails also makes a good tie down point too. Includes a cable lock that threads through the eyelet bolt, but I don't totally trust a cable lock in theft prone Los Angeles. Fine for gas stations though.

Go to Recrac.com for more details, I'll sell mine for $40 plus shipping. It looks like they changed the design for the Tacoma's slightly, but I never had any issues with mine, it worked great.

Here is with the D-Ring substituted. The new design doesn't offer this.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
kdiddy is on a distinguished road
kdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I just searched my computer - couldn't find any. I had them on my truck for about 2 months, then got the tonneau. I wasn't thinking about selling them at some later date. And other than the rec racs, the truck was stock and not worth shooting pictures of.

I would go to RecRac.com and look at the pictures. The tacoma version is a little different now, but I can't really tell if it's an improvement, it just seems like the rods are higher and there's no D-ring capability.