TRD seatcovers vs. WO

View Poll Results: TRD Seat Covers or Wet Okoles
TRD SC 24 27.91%
WO 54 62.79%
other...please specify 8 9.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
TRD seatcovers vs. WO

Hi:

I need some seat covers. I see most of you have either or.

Can you advise and best place to buy?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The WO's are water proof, and more durable.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the WOs.

The TRDs *could've* been better, but they did them backwards. You see, my WOs are starting to wear slightly on the left side bolster of the bucket seat from where I slide in and out of the truck.

And my truck isn't my daily driver...it has just over 6k on the clock and I've owned it for a year...it sees about 20 miles a week, tops, usually a sunday cruise to keep it healthy. 3000 of those miles came in the first month driving it all over the state to show it off to friends and family. So it's not like I'm in and out of it all day. I've had the WOs on since last November...about 9 months?

If TRD had rubberized the OUTSIDE of their seat covers instead of the inside, I'd've probably sold the WOs while they were still in good condition and gone to the TRDs.

As it is, I'm going to run the WOs til they die and then go custom leather.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You see, my WOs are starting to wear slightly on the left side bolster of the bucket seat from where I slide in and out of the truck.

And my truck isn't my daily driver...it has just over 6k on the clock and I've owned it for a year...it sees about 20 miles a week, tops, usually a sunday cruise to keep it healthy. 3000 of those miles came in the first month driving it all over the state to show it off to friends and family. So it's not like I'm in and out of it all day. I've had the WOs on since last November...about 9 months?
Hmm, not trying to thread jack. But it might be relevant if anyone else is seeing premature wear issues with there WO's.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Hmm, not trying to thread jack. But it might be relevant if anyone else is seeing premature wear issues with there WO's.
I went TRD because it seemed that a good percentage of the WO's which were used on a daily basis had wear spots.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I bought WO in the past group buy and I am super pleased! Worth every cent. I can't believe how well made these covers really are. They don't even look like the average seat covers, look more like seats. I think this is the most useful mod that I can think of for everyday use of my truck. I'm glad I did my research and listened to the majority of people on this site. I can't thank you guys/gals enough. Not even the slightest sign of wear on mine and I drive this truck a lot
Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmmm, anyone with WO having wear issues?
and where is best place to buy TRD seat covers?
Old 05-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koov View Post
hmmmmm, anyone with WO having wear issues?
and where is best place to buy TRD seat covers?
I have ran WO's in 3 of my trucks, and put over 100K on them.....Never had a wear issue. I have about 40K miles on my newest set, and no wear is showing....
Old 05-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just to clarify:

You do have to look very closely to see it, but the nylon is fuzzing more on the outside of the left driver's side seat bolster, I think because of how I turn in place to exit the vehicle.

Right now, you have to be looking for it to see it. My question is, will it still be that way a year from now?

We'll see. Otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about the WOs, but this does concern me.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #10
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
I have 43k on the clock and have had the TRD's in my truck for all but about 2k of that. They are showing no real wear at all. I was going to purchase WO but just never did. My Only complaint with the TRD's is when it is hot out the rubberized center will torch your ass... That being said for 125 at my local dealer I would buyt then again in a second and actually wish they made them for the rear seats as well. Just my .02
Old 05-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
I have TRD seat covers made of a thin flexible rubber, and neoprene (I believe thats the material). Gray and black, with red "TRD" emblem.... they look great, keep the cloth from roughing up over the years, they feel great, I can wash them easy if something spills.

I love mine. Ill get some pictures soon if anybody wants....
Old 05-30-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
.Trdtaco315. is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
.Trdtaco315.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
I have TRD seat covers made of a thin flexible rubber, and neoprene (I believe thats the material). Gray and black, with red "TRD" emblem.... they look great, keep the cloth from roughing up over the years, they feel great, I can wash them easy if something spills.

I love mine. Ill get some pictures soon if anybody wants....
id like to see these 2 seat covers
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 PM   #16
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Trdtaco315. View Post
id like to see these 2 seat covers
TRD seatcovers vs. WO-photo.jpg

There are mine. Sorry about the quality of the picture... too it with my phone.

the GRAY is neoprene (stuff that wetsuits are made out of)
the BLACK is a thin flexible rubber, slightly ribbed.... ah... for your comfort...
riiiiiight...... anyway...

they are super comfortable, and a day after I put them on, a friend spilled a taco all over the passenger seat. I took it off, washed it, not a mark on the seat, and cover looks like new now.

they look good
they make a comfortable ride
they clean up nice

just like a good woman!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm sorry...but Eff leather.
It's WAY to hot down here for a leather seat to meet my ass.
X2! A buddy has a Black Vette with leather, and I got in it one time, and I think they could hear my screams in space....
Old 05-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2! A buddy has a Black Vette with leather, and I got in it one time, and I think they could hear my screams in space....
Light colored leather, heavy window tint, sunshade FTW.

Too hot for leather was my first thought too (not that it mattered when buying as Toy doesn't offer it on the Taco), but the more I think about it the more sense it makes for me.

I won't be converting any time soon, but it'll happen eventually.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #19
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Bite the bullet and pay for the WO's. They really go with the interior plus they hold up very well. I promise you will not regret buying them!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #20
MonStar

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
I know where to buy the WO, but....

Where is the best place to purchase TRD ones?