1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD seatcovers vs. WO

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Koov, May 28, 2010.

?

TRD Seat Covers or Wet Okoles

Poll closed Jun 27, 2010.
  1. TRD SC

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. WO

54 vote(s)
    62.8%
  3. other...please specify

8 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. May 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    Koov

Koov [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRDOR
    Hi:

I need some seat covers. I see most of you have either or.

Can you advise and best place to buy?

2. May 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The WO's are water proof, and more durable.

3. May 28, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I prefer the WOs.

The TRDs *could've* been better, but they did them backwards. You see, my WOs are starting to wear slightly on the left side bolster of the bucket seat from where I slide in and out of the truck.

And my truck isn't my daily driver...it has just over 6k on the clock and I've owned it for a year...it sees about 20 miles a week, tops, usually a sunday cruise to keep it healthy. 3000 of those miles came in the first month driving it all over the state to show it off to friends and family. So it's not like I'm in and out of it all day. I've had the WOs on since last November...about 9 months?

If TRD had rubberized the OUTSIDE of their seat covers instead of the inside, I'd've probably sold the WOs while they were still in good condition and gone to the TRDs.

As it is, I'm going to run the WOs til they die and then go custom leather.

4. May 29, 2010 at 2:08 AM
    Leadgolem

Leadgolem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 2.7L 4x4 stick
    Herculiner bed liner, White LED instrument lights, Custom painted hood, Homemade leather steering wheel wrap, Avic u310bt gps stereo, 1.5" bushwacker fender flares, 1.25" bilstein lift front, 1" shackle lift rear, rear bilstein 5100 shocks, ridiculous helper spring lift rear, wet okole seat covers, mutilated exhaust, boom mat under hood
    Hmm, not trying to thread jack. But it might be relevant if anyone else is seeing premature wear issues with there WO's.

5. May 29, 2010 at 5:01 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    I went TRD because it seemed that a good percentage of the WO's which were used on a daily basis had wear spots.

6. May 29, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I bought WO in the past group buy and I am super pleased! Worth every cent. I can't believe how well made these covers really are. They don't even look like the average seat covers, look more like seats. I think this is the most useful mod that I can think of for everyday use of my truck. I'm glad I did my research and listened to the majority of people on this site. I can't thank you guys/gals enough. Not even the slightest sign of wear on mine and I drive this truck a lot

7. May 30, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    Koov

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRDOR
    hmmmmm, anyone with WO having wear issues?
    and where is best place to buy TRD seat covers?

8. May 30, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    I have ran WO's in 3 of my trucks, and put over 100K on them.....Never had a wear issue. I have about 40K miles on my newest set, and no wear is showing....

9. May 30, 2010 at 7:48 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Just to clarify:

You do have to look very closely to see it, but the nylon is fuzzing more on the outside of the left driver's side seat bolster, I think because of how I turn in place to exit the vehicle.

Right now, you have to be looking for it to see it. My question is, will it still be that way a year from now?

We'll see. Otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about the WOs, but this does concern me.

10. May 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    I have 43k on the clock and have had the TRD's in my truck for all but about 2k of that. They are showing no real wear at all. I was going to purchase WO but just never did. My Only complaint with the TRD's is when it is hot out the rubberized center will torch your ass... That being said for 125 at my local dealer I would buyt then again in a second and actually wish they made them for the rear seats as well. Just my .02

11. May 30, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  12. May 30, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    I run WOs and I love them!

13. May 30, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
  14. May 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    I have TRD seat covers made of a thin flexible rubber, and neoprene (I believe thats the material). Gray and black, with red "TRD" emblem.... they look great, keep the cloth from roughing up over the years, they feel great, I can wash them easy if something spills.

I love mine. Ill get some pictures soon if anybody wants....

15. May 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    .Trdtaco315.

.Trdtaco315. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Santa ana
    Vehicle:
    03 Trd SR5 Prerunner
    id like to see these 2 seat covers

16. May 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    photo.jpg

There are mine. Sorry about the quality of the picture... too it with my phone.

the GRAY is neoprene (stuff that wetsuits are made out of)
    the BLACK is a thin flexible rubber, slightly ribbed.... ah... for your comfort...
    riiiiiight...... anyway...

they are super comfortable, and a day after I put them on, a friend spilled a taco all over the passenger seat. I took it off, washed it, not a mark on the seat, and cover looks like new now.

they look good
    they make a comfortable ride
    they clean up nice

just like a good woman!

17. May 31, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    X2! A buddy has a Black Vette with leather, and I got in it one time, and I think they could hear my screams in space....

18. May 31, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Light colored leather, heavy window tint, sunshade FTW.

Too hot for leather was my first thought too (not that it mattered when buying as Toy doesn't offer it on the Taco), but the more I think about it the more sense it makes for me.

I won't be converting any time soon, but it'll happen eventually.

19. May 31, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    Bite the bullet and pay for the WO's. They really go with the interior plus they hold up very well. I promise you will not regret buying them!

20. Jun 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Koov

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRDOR
    I know where to buy the WO, but....

Where is the best place to purchase TRD ones?

Products Discussed in

To Top