1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Engine Shroud Emblems

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Nitrousspeed, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Nitrousspeed

Nitrousspeed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Gear 17x9 711MB Wheels, 4 Leaf rear suspension, 6000K HID hi/low headlights, 6000K HID fogs, Painted calipers, 30% Tint, and a custom made bike rack for the bed.
    Hey there,
    Im not sure if anybody would be interested in these, but I made a bunch of them a couple of weeks ago, and figured I would see if people might want to buy them.

They are TRD Engine Shroud Emblems. It fits directly on top of the toyota logo on the shroud

Specs:
    1/8" solid lexan acrylic (This is the same stuff lexan blast shields and bullet proof plexi are made from)
    Lazar cut (reverse etched letters with High Heat paint coatings)

Colors (Background - Black; Letters - Red (I have a few blank letters that can be painted other colors))

Photos of the Product:
    [​IMG]
    Pictures of the emblem on the engine shroud. They can pretty much be placed anywhere., they were just designed to fit over the Toyota logo.
    [​IMG]
    This was just me playing with the TRD logo, sorry for the crappy pictures, they are taken on my I-phone. Dont know where my good camera is.
    [​IMG]
    This image shows the standard TRD Logo - It still has the protective coating on it, which is why it looks foggy. Once the protective plastic is removed if has a gloss finish.
    [​IMG]
    This is the one with the TRD letters unpainted - They can be painted most colors. The white from the lazar etching fills in and becomes clear when painted, so just the paint colors shows through.

2. Jun 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    You need to post pics per forum rules or this thread will be deleted :cool:

3. Jun 2, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    Maintenance Man

Maintenance Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Atlanta, Ga
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-runner SR5 2.7L
    Leer camper shell; afe stage ll intake; 265's bridgestone dueler tires; rockford's power series 6.5's; tint on all windows; semi de-badged; weathertech digitial mats; grillcraft grill; blacked out headlights with eyelids; blacked out badges; and more to come.
    x 2:worthless:

4. Jun 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ah, I see em now...thanks for posting the pics! Those look pretty cool! Your engine is so clean, I wish mine looked half that good :anonymous:

5. Jun 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    How much are you selling these for and what would the shipping charges be ?

6. Jun 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM
    dk6487

dk6487 NorCal Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Novato, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver 4X4 TRD Sport w/ Tow Pack
    Pioneer Z110BT Nav/DVD H.U., Sub Box by Mr. Marv w/ amp and 10" Sub, Rear-Leaf TSB, L.E.D. Guage Mod, 3" OME Lift Kit w/ 885, Total Chaos UCA's
    Yes I'm also interested.

7. Jun 2, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Nitrousspeed

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Gear 17x9 711MB Wheels, 4 Leaf rear suspension, 6000K HID hi/low headlights, 6000K HID fogs, Painted calipers, 30% Tint, and a custom made bike rack for the bed.
    Sorry for the delay on the pics. Had to upload them.

Price would help wouldn't it. Im gonna run to the post office and see how much padded envelopes would be or those "if it fits it ships boxes would be" and Ill let ya know. I was thinking like $10 shipped more then likely. Im not looking to make a whole lot of money on these and want to see if people would be interested in them, and if so, Ill cut more.

ATTACHMENT:
    For the emblems - 3M tape, I just have to get a hold of another engine shroud so I can map where I need the tape to be located. Again, I was just seeing if people would be interested before I start putting a lot of time into this. My friend attached his with a 3M spray adhesive, but Id rather use the 3M tape. Easier to work with.

The license plate deletes would attach via screws, just like any other license plate.

CUSTOM WORK:
    Shroud Emblems:
    If you are interested in custom emblems, I can make them, I just require a photo or drawing of what you would be interested in. I have to be able to draw it in AutoCAD to lazar cut it. Price varies depending on complexity and time required to make it.

License Plate Deletes:
    I am in the process of making a model license plate frame delete (Based on size and hole placement) I need to make some measurements. Once I start making these Ill post them on here as well.

This is an example of one I made for my old STI
    [​IMG]
    Again, I have to make a model for the truck with sizing and stuff...

Timing:
    I have several of the emblems available now
    1 - the double line TRD logo for now (If I have more people request them I can cut more in two weeks (Im getting married and going on my honeymoon)
    3 - I have three of the standard TRD logos in RED
    4 - I have four of the clear lettered TRD logos (These can be made red if people request it or they can be made a different color)

For additional items beyond this, again I will be able to take orders but wont be able to cut for another two weeks.

8. Jun 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    How do they stay on, 3M tape? Pretty cool idea.

9. Jun 2, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    Nitrousspeed

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    For the emblems - 3M tape, I just have to get a hold of another engine shroud so I can map where I need the tape to be located.

The license plate deletes would attach via screws, just like any other license plate.

10. Jun 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    Nitrousspeed

Member:
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport

Products Discussed in

To Top