Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTT/WTS Feeler: 16" stock steel rims

Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Once a gorilla always a gorilla
Gorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thomas
Gorilla_97's Tacoma Gallery
WTT/WTS Feeler: 16" stock steel rims

Just purchased a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab Pre-Runner with the 16" stock steel rims. Looking for TRD or FJ alloys. Would prefer to deal locally, no shipping. Shoot me a PM!

Looking to sell my factory 16" wheels & tires from my 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab. Tires and wheels are brand-new, will have less than 200 miles on them when they are taken off. All 5 wheels/tires included, but without the pressure sensors. Should fit different years of Tundra, Tacoma, FJ Cruiser. Please check to be sure!

Tire size is P245/75R16, Dunlop AT20 Grand Trek.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
SC Member
sdupp is on a distinguished road
sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
I Also have an 07 D-Cab Pre-Runner. Got Brand New TRD Wheels&Tires off E-Bay for around six hundred + shipping. They are in mint cond. Unfortunately no one realy wants the steel wheels so I decided to keep them and will use the Tires when the new ones ware out.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Gorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdupp View Post
I Also have an 07 D-Cab Pre-Runner. Got Brand New TRD Wheels&Tires off E-Bay for around six hundred + shipping. They are in mint cond. Unfortunately no one realy wants the steel wheels so I decided to keep them and will use the Tires when the new ones ware out.
Did you pull the sensors from the steel wheels or buy new ones for the alloys? Everything I've found so far has indicated I will need new sensors if I put the FJ or TRD alloys on my truck. That, or just live with the sensor light being on all the time.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
SC Member
sdupp is on a distinguished road
sdupp's Tacoma Gallery
No I'm not going buy new Sensors, probably just live with the light on. I have read several ways to work around the issue. Look in the Tundra Forums, they have the same basic problems.
1: There appears to be a way to disable the light.
2: Put all four sensors in a wheelbarrow tire.
3: Put all four sensors in the spare tire. ( Can't use spare )
4: One guy made the sensors work by turning them 180 degrees. He mounted the tires then marked the sensors and tied a string to them. Then he some how installed them and then inflated the tire. He said it was a pain but worked.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #5

If any of this stuff works you gotta let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdupp View Post
No I'm not going buy new Sensors, probably just live with the light on. I have read several ways to work around the issue. Look in the Tundra Forums, they have the same basic problems.
1: There appears to be a way to disable the light.
2: Put all four sensors in a wheelbarrow tire.
3: Put all four sensors in the spare tire. ( Can't use spare )
4: One guy made the sensors work by turning them 180 degrees. He mounted the tires then marked the sensors and tied a string to them. Then he some how installed them and then inflated the tire. He said it was a pain but worked.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #6

just finished reading up on this issue on the Tundra forums, looks like they figured out a way to ground the TPMS so the light would stay off

anyone does this on a Tacoma? I really want to put the FJ rims on my Taco, but I don't want that stinkin' light on!