Notices

WTB looking for an IPOD/AUX interface

View Poll Results: whats the best idea for me
USA SPEC PA15-TOY 6 54.55%
New head unit with AUX and Ipod capability 3 27.27%
other... tell me what 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
WTB looking for an IPOD/AUX interface

i have been looking for something for my 08 TD non JBL stereo. i dont really want to get an aftermarket headunit. i am wondering what you guys think and what you guys have for sale. i am leaning towards the PA15-TOY by USA specs but at $115 maybe a new headunit is the way to go. discuss
Old 06-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
snektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
snektaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ipod interface to stock taco stereo

Having an Ipod connected totally rocks!

I actually just did the fabled Scion/Pioneer factory radio swap
last week in my 2007 taco dbl cab. I swapped my 6 disk factory
radio for a Scion T1808 radio with integrated Ipod and MP3 disk
support. The swap was all plug and play and the mouting brackets
were even the same. Just needed a Scoche aftermarket radio
install kit ($26 on ebay shipped) and had to trim it a bit (alot) -
but it looks awesome and sounds better than awesome. Also -
all steering wheel controls (if you gots em) work with the deck.

Price: I found a T1808 in great cond. with the ipod cable for $100.

I think the factory radio adapters for Ipod are like $80-$100.

I will gladly post / email you pictures if intersted

Later,
Ken
Old 06-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
gromaudio.com
Old 06-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you don't want to get an aftermarket head unit then don't get one. USA Spec $120 new shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380222493858
Old 06-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up and installed a PA20-TOY from USA Spec. It's awesome, even though I don't have a nav system.

All I need now is an iPhone cradle and I'm set.

It really depends on whether you want an aftermarket system or not. I didn't. and this works perfect for me.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
gromaudio.com
i think i checked here and i couldnt find one for a tacoma
Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
i think i checked here and i couldnt find one for a tacoma
You didn't search hard enough.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/ipod_...om-i2-toy.html
Old 06-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

I would go with them, they are easy to get in touch with and constantly posting software updates to either improve or add features. They really stand behind their product.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had seen this sooner. I have a 1200mi road trip next Tuesday, and it'd be sweet to have that Grom unit setup!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
I just picked up and installed a PA20-TOY from USA Spec. It's awesome, even though I don't have a nav system.

All I need now is an iPhone cradle and I'm set.

It really depends on whether you want an aftermarket system or not. I didn't. and this works perfect for me.

Best thing if you don't want a new head unit. I just stick my old IPOD in the glove box and leave it alone.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
SCLOSKEY will become famous soon enoughSCLOSKEY will become famous soon enough
Name: shane
SCLOSKEY's Tacoma Gallery
Does the Grom adapter in that setup hang out from your dash?? Or how/where do you hook it up and leave it??
Old 07-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
mjbirdie75 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mjbirdie75's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snektaco View Post
Having an Ipod connected totally rocks!

I actually just did the fabled Scion/Pioneer factory radio swap
last week in my 2007 taco dbl cab. I swapped my 6 disk factory
radio for a Scion T1808 radio with integrated Ipod and MP3 disk
support. The swap was all plug and play and the mouting brackets
were even the same. Just needed a Scoche aftermarket radio
install kit ($26 on ebay shipped) and had to trim it a bit (alot) -
but it looks awesome and sounds better than awesome. Also -
all steering wheel controls (if you gots em) work with the deck.

Price: I found a T1808 in great cond. with the ipod cable for $100.

I think the factory radio adapters for Ipod are like $80-$100.

I will gladly post / email you pictures if intersted

Later,
Ken
I own a T1808 that I had installed in my '05 4Runner which my wife is now driving. I installed a Clarion NX409 in it for her yesterday, and planned on moving the T1808 over to my '05 Tacoma. Now that I have the Scion Radio in hand, and the Scosche kit, it doesn't look like there's any good way to fit it. Can you give me a little detail about how you modified the Scosche kit? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
snektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnektaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
snektaco's Tacoma Gallery
Installing a Scion Radio in a Tacoma

I know its hard to visualize using the scoche dash trim kit with the
SCion radio in a Tacoma....After installing the Scion radio in my dash -
I looked at the dash trim and said...WTF $#@$%@#

Anywho....You need to carefully and slowly grind the trim down - starting
at the radio opening and grind back twords the front panel. Grind a bit, test fit and mark w/ pencil, and grind some more (...lather, rinse, repeat...). Eventually - you will get it so that the grinded surface will meet with the left and right sides of the radio faceplate (you will loose
about 1/8 " of the radio face plate behind the trim on both sides. If its like
mine - I has a small gap at the bottom that really didnt need filing and a
1/2"+ gap at the top - which can be filled with a piece of black high density weather stripping from home cheapo. Cosmetically - mine turned out pretty good and I am happy with it. I am running a Scoin / Pioneer
TS1808 deck with stock speakers in my 4 door 07 prerunner and it sounds
awesome! I am very impressed with the change. I ran the ipod cable back to my center console - where my ipod mounts w/ velcro inside. Steering
wheen radio controls work for all functions including ipod control

I might have put the cart before the horse here..I am assuming that you had no issues removing the old, stock radio, and installing the Scion one.
The mounting brackets from the stock radio bolt right up and the wiring
harnesses simply plug into the Scion deck w/o any mods...This part doesn't get any easier...the face plate trimming can be trying - just go slow and you will be happy with the end result...

Ken