Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: 1985-1990 4Runner or Pickup

Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 1985-1990 4Runner or Pickup

I'm tired of messing up my truck at the mud bogs. I need a truck to absolutely ruin now and have alot of fun in.

My price range is $500-$1,000.

Needs to run and be in decent condition. 4WD is mandatory.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ta-4Runner.jpg
Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Me too. I've been searching forEVER!!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
I thought you were going to LT and all that... besides MUD? REALLY>?!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronlane View Post
I thought you were going to LT and all that... besides MUD? REALLY>?!
Maybe later on..

Words are easier spoken than getting it done.. I have no job and too new of a truck. When I get the title for it after I graduate this year, I will start to do so.
I couldn't do it when my dad is still having to pay it off and all this other stuff.

So to make him happy for the time being, I'm going to buy a beater truck and keep my truck somewhat "newer".

And no not mud, Rock crawling and trails is what the old Beater truck will be for.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
ebay, craigslist, autotrader finds.... anything.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the club. I want an 80's 4runner so bad! Ive been finding them on Clist for $1000 needing head gaskets replaced and then running ones from 2k-5k

Hopefully once I get my truck paid off Ill be able to get one
Old 06-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
welcome to the club. I want an 80's 4runner so bad! Ive been finding them on Clist for $1000 needing head gaskets replaced and then running ones from 2k-5k

Hopefully once I get my truck paid off Ill be able to get one
I found one in Tennessee for $530 as the current bid, but it has a motor knock.... I wondering if it a rod...?

And yes they hold they're value EXTREMELY well. Same with the trucks.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
well i bought one back in april, i was looking for over a year. this is my story

anyone that said runs strong-ran like a dog.
anything in the 1000 range looked like shit
500 might run in some fashion, and will most likely a parts rig.

i bought an 89 red runner with great exterior, no compression in 2 cyl. battery drains after 2 days off the charger, and homemade 2 in Body lift on it.

for a 1000. if i and my buds can do the engine work ill spend 1100- for a shop to do it 1800.

value on a runner in good outside and inside is like 4K also because they are rarer and rarer, people are not dumb. a 22re with ecu and harness is 700. rebuilt as much as 30k. yes look up LCE engineering. i shit you not.

good luck with the purchase. if you want one for mud go with a 2nd gen runner. cheaper and the v6 has beefier axles also you can drop in a 4.3 GM for about 1400 on your own work. the v6 has issues but it is bigger then the 22re and you want power when you get into a mud slop. TORQUE BABY, just kidding the 22re is underpowered and the v6 isnt called the 3.slow for fun.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I may have stated the OP post a little wrong. I'm looking for it to be a rock crawler/trail rig. Not mud--- If it were going to be a mud truck, I would have already gotten a POS old Chevy.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
to bad you dont live in tx

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1772594147.html

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1746954563.html

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1715165752.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bar/1790737718.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/1790215231.html
Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #13
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
I got aan 85 4runner with complete head work for 2500
Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a 1986 Toyota pickup 4WD.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
that was quick. Pics, condition? start saving for parts
x2
Old 06-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
1986 Toyota Pickup 4WD with a 22RE engine transplant.

3" lift with 33" tires and some 15" Ultra wheels.

5 speed with Manual Transfer case shifter both on the floor.

Single cab long bed.

Maybe independent front suspension-- If so, just bolt on a Solid axle.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
if a SAC was that easy to just "bolt in"

everyone would do it

good luck bolting a solid axle to those control arms
Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #20
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
AllPro, Trail-gear and Marlin Crawler all make SAS kits. There is some welding and what not.