Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Cold Air Intake for '05 V6

Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
WTB: Cold Air Intake for '05 V6

I am looking for a cold air intake for 2005 V6. If anyone wants to sell one, or knows a good place to get a cheap / used one....

let me know

Cheers
Old 06-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
tacojoel is on a distinguished road
Name: joel
tacojoel's Tacoma Gallery
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ thats actually a warm air intake compared to the OEM unit.

i suggest either the URD, TRD (or AFE equivalent).
Old 06-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
why do you say URD/TRD/AFE, over K&N or Volant or any other CAI?

Just curious... I don't know much about them, I just know what a CAI does.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
MadeInMaine

EMS:
As far as the URD goes....

has anyone had problems with rain or mud or bugs, or anything getting into the filter or clogging or any issues with the unprotected filter vs the TRD?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #6
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
go with AFE or TRD
Old 06-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #7
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
go with AFE or TRD

why do you say that?
not questioning your choice.... just curious how you made it.

is TRD or AFE just a great product, or other ones not good products?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 AM   #8
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
i have a volant and i can not see any difference from the trd one(other then the letters)nor the afe. same box different brand. i love my volant(you cant get the ram air add on for the TRD/AFE). plus the sealed boxes are great at keeping cool air coming in.
mine is 2*over outside temp.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
Going to be selling my TRD CAI soon.

Removing it tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
chanes8cwu is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
chanes8cwu's Tacoma Gallery
I have a URD intake, which i believe is the really available "Cold Air" intake as it mounts right behind the grill in front of the radiator. If you plan on submerging your truck in water up to that point dont buy it...youll get too much water. But i live in seattle and it pours buckets up here at times and havent had any problems. Even took it through a 2ft puddle goin about 20mph and everything is good to go. I would buy URD, great ppl over there.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootalien View Post
Going to be selling my TRD CAI soon.

Removing it tomorrow.

PMed
Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #12
ratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedratrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ratrod's Tacoma Gallery
Got a aFe CAI Pro Dry S that I have had for about 1 month that I am willing to sell. how much you looking to spend. Im in Socal.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #13
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanes8cwu View Post
I have a URD intake, which i believe is the really available "Cold Air" intake as it mounts right behind the grill in front of the radiator. If you plan on submerging your truck in water up to that point dont buy it...youll get too much water. But i live in seattle and it pours buckets up here at times and havent had any problems. Even took it through a 2ft puddle goin about 20mph and everything is good to go. I would buy URD, great ppl over there.

Those are the exact things I wanted to hear!!!

Thanks boss

Cheers
Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
MadeInMaine

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratrod View Post
Got a aFe CAI Pro Dry S that I have had for about 1 month that I am willing to sell. how much you looking to spend. Im in Socal.

PMed you