1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

X-runner TRD Big Brake Kit for sale in Socal

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by 05xr, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Jun 29, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    05xr

05xr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Very nice used TRD Big Brake Kit for sale. I put these on in February of 2010 and am the original owner. The set up has around 21k miles on it. Includes steel lines, caliper carriers, calipers, pads and rotors. The pads have about 35% remaining, and can still be used no problem, but if it were me I'd slap a new set of pads in. Rotor faces have smooth and even wear. No pits or grooves. There is a small lip on the outside edge that can either be ignored or turned out. I measured the rotors and they are still within the recommended thickness range.

These brakes never gave me any problems, and did not squeek or squeal in any way prior to taking them off. I cant stress enough how noticeable of an upgrade this was to my vehicle. They went on right after the supercharger, and impressed me even more than the blower did.

Price: $1200
    I am located in Orange County, Ca and would prefer local pick up, but I do have the original box and can ship, but they are heavy mothers. If I had to ship, I would do so through Greyhound bus and would probably be $50-60.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    do these only fit on xrunners?

3. Jun 30, 2011 at 4:01 AM
    05xr

Member:
    X-runner is 5 lug. That is where the problem exists with trying to put it on another Prerunner/4wd Tacoma. There is an easy solution though. These rotors have removable hats. Pop the 5 lug hat out and stick a 6 lug hat in place and it shoud bolt right up. Either that or source out some other rotors.

Stoptech sells all the misc parts for this kit, as TRD simply rebranded it as their own.

4. Jul 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    05xr

Member:
    The brakes have been SOLD!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top