1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hella 700ff Light Pair with wiring

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by PELLEY, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Jun 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    PELLEY

PELLEY [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am selling a pair of Hella 700ff lights with wiring harness. They are brand new, never used, just out of the box. I used them to mock up a couple light bars but never installed them on anything. This is the same kit you can get off of Amazon.com for $75. I am asking $65 SHIPPED.

Located in Tehachapi CA 93561

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Jun 18, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Bump for price update, now $65 shipped!!!

3. Jun 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
  4. Jun 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    Kauai Taco

Kauai Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner 4dr
    in progress
    shipped by usps flat rate? I'd be in if your offer holds for Hawaii. Do you take paypal?
    Jeff

5. Jun 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    PELLEY

Member:
    PM sent

6. Jun 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Sold, thanks Kauai Taco!

7. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    Kauai Taco

Member:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner 4dr
    in progress
    received today:( pm on the way

8. Jun 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    Kauai Taco

Member:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner 4dr
    in progress
    hella.jpg

hellaa.jpg

for your viewing enjoyment...:(

9. Jun 29, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    orbot

orbot Well-Known Member

Member:
    wow, OP said they are new... is there any visible damage in the box?

10. Jun 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    TRSJimmy

TRSJimmy All I Do Is Nguyen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mall Crawlin Peerunner
  11. Jun 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Ok I am honestly pissed now!!! What Kauai Taco fails to mention is as soon as he told me they were not to his liking I offered to completely refund his money or work on a compromise to make him happy within reason. I said they were used for mock up so some wear and tear is implied. They are new lights, they have never been turned on, and excluding what I saw was a little dust, in my mind they function like new, and look like something used for mock up... But I guess I am the minority here.

The part the fucking pisses me off the most is that Kauai Taco decided to go straight public trying to blast me in a thread before even giving me a chance to make it right or working with me in any way. I saw his PM at 5:45 this morning and replied instantly asking how I can make him happy, he had not replied to me at all yet, and instead posted pictures on this thread. This is fucking stupid, give a guy a chance to fix it. If you look at my rep or talk to anyone who has delt with me I have always been a stand up guy, I don't deserve this. I have half a mind to tell you to kick rocks because you chose to not be civil with me, but my offer still stands, send them back for a full refund, or ask me for a reasonable compromise.

I will only deal with you in PM now, I feel I have been more than fair with you. Let me know what you want.

12. Jul 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM
    Kauai Taco

Member:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner 4dr
    in progress
    Wow....Chris, just saw this pm. To refresh your memory, here is my PM to you after receiving the lights...

->Hey Chris
    got the lights today... not pleased though & I'll tell you why. Your post says...

"They are brand new, never used, just out of the box. I used them to mock up a couple light bars but never installed them on anything."

Ok, Brand new(a few light bar fabs ago...). Never used: meaning you didn't hook up the elect..or drive around with them mounted right? Ok but, just out the box no way....! Obvious that the box was long gone because the lights look to have been bumped and jostled around the shop quite a bit. Rock guards have tons of small scratches and a few scrapes and plenty of nicked black paint on the logos. I can live with them being dusty... ''But" how about the welding splaters on the bottom inside/outside of both rock guards..? How about the big crack and scrap mark on the top of one of the housings(it's totally obviously this didn't happen in shipping..!).

I'm disappointed...from your description, condition should have been cherry. I would decribe these as shelf worn daily drive quality... i don't have a show truck or trailer queen but, I do take superb car of my truck..2/3's of what you sent is not worthy.

Hella bummed. Jeff<-

Is this why you are pissed?

To me, this is all pretty civil!

Your pm response arrived the 29th at 2:49->AM<- Hawaii time. I apologize to you for not getting right back to you but I was catching some much needed sleep between double shifts(and we are not allowed to used our personal phones during work.) Was this why you are pissed?

For the record, I didn't try to 'blast' you in public....I tried to load pics in the PM format but couldn't so i posted them for your vewing pleasure here....maybe you didn't note the 26 mins between my posts?!?

So what exactly are you so pissed about again? Was it "you" that just received some lights described as... "brand new, never used, just out of the box. used them to mock up a couple of light bars but never installed them on anything".... and instead got one cracked housing and some 2nd quality(or shelf worn if you prefer) rock guards, one nice light unit and an unopened harness assembly.... Oh sorry Chris, my bad.....that was me who received that box. Was this why are you pissed?

I did also receive your 6/20 PM saying you'd that mail on the 21st...then I got your email on the 24th saying that it just mailed and that "life BS got in the way"... And I never asked about tracking numbers or when the lights shipped? Right! Did this pissed you off too?

I payed directly thru paypal and even sent my payment as a "gift" per your request... Is that why you're pissed?

I don't know you or your friends or what your rep is here on TW or anywhere else Chris. However, I do know that you have no reason to be F-ing pissed off though....skin too thin? Baby keeping you up nights? No Coffee that early in the morning? I don't know or care buddy... i do know you got no cause to be upset in my book....but i guess you and I don't read/write english outta the same books... Maybe that's why your so pissed.

Wow....misrepresent, don't ship when promised, and then make me out to be a bad guy..... i get in now! That's why you're so F-ing pissed!

Well tell you what buddy....as you said, life BS gets in the way...and since you are so F-ing pissed off, go ahead and keep my money! Hell, Chris, I only earn $7.25 an hour and pray for $30-$40 total tips in a day...but no worries Bro, i can afford it. After all your're the one who's pissed off..... right?!?:confused:

13. Jul 1, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    Kauai Taco

Member:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner 4dr
    in progress
    ORBOT, box was perfect condition

14. Jul 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Money refunded, keep the lights. This is done now, enjoy.

15. Jul 1, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    YotakingO

YotakingO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    88 TOYOTA PICKUP 2.4L 4X4
    Stock for now
    WOW chris! Mad props on the way to solve this issue. U are the man!

16. Jul 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    Kauai Taco

Member:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner 4dr
    in progress
    Refund was returned at dawn's first light(local time). Not looking for 'free' stuff or guilt payments.

Bottom line: I've learned my lesson here....don't go off anyone's descriptions-ask for detailed pics if you can't go see parts in person or just buy from retail/wholesale.

the end

17. Jul 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    PELLEY

Member:
    Seriously dude, you need to chill out. Yes I was admitantly upset when I saw your post on here. Whether the level of my anger was appropriate is up to interpritation, but I still continued to try to be as helpful as possible to you. I offered a refund, I gave you a chance to propose alternatives, and in the end I went above and beyond to try and be nice by just giving you your money back. If the lights are truely in as bad of shape as you say they are, I don't need them back either, I can't sell broken stuff, nore do I do it intentionally. Whatever damage was there was a mistake or oversight.

Please stop insulting me and saying I am giving you "guilt payments" or anything like that, I was never directly insulting to you, just voiced my opinion that I was upset by the way you decided to take care of this issue. I assure you I sleep good at night, and I don't feel guilty here. I am simply trying to be a good person and do what I can to make you feel as if you weren't cheated. This is not charity, I do not feel bad for you because you make $7.25 an hour, I am not trying to steel from you, just trying to be nice and do whats right. I am sorry if I offended you by getting upset.

If you still want the $65 refund for broken parts (not charity), shoot me a PM and let me know in the next couple days and I will gladly send you your money back. Don't let this get you down on used parts, I buy them consistantly, sometimes you win, sometimes things aren't as they seem, but ultimatly I have got some great deals on here and other forums. Sorry this has been bad for you, I wish you the best of luck with your plans for your truck and your light situation.

18. Jul 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    TRSJimmy

TRSJimmy All I Do Is Nguyen

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Gainesville, GA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mall Crawlin Peerunner
    +1

19. Jul 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    DTFtacoma